|Sarah Wright Olsen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 28, 1983|
|Spouse||Eric Christian Olsen|
Sarah Wright Olsen is an American model and actress married to NCIS: Los Angeles actor Eric Christian Olsen. Her most high profile feature film project was starring opposite Tom Cruise in American Made (2017). With close friend Teresa Palmer, she co-founded a wellness and parenting blog called Your Zen Mama in 2015 and launched a skincare line called Bāeo in 2018. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 200k followers on Instagram.
Sarah Fay Wright
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Pacific Palisades, Los Angeles, California, United States
Sarah studied at Le Grande Elementary School and Hart County High School and graduated from Seneca High School in Louisville, Kentucky.
Former Model, Actress, Entrepreneur
- Father – Robert L. Wright Jr. (Preacher) (Expired 2016)
- Mother – Debbie Bramble (Administrator)
- Siblings – Samuel Ray Wright (Younger Brother) (Serves in the United States Army)
- Others – Paul Olsen (Father-in-law) (Head Coach for Cross-Country & Track and English Professor at Augustana College), Jeanne Olsen (Mother-in-law) (Retired Chaplain at Genesis Health System) David Ray Bramble (Maternal Grandfather), Nina Jean Dunavan (Maternal Grandmother), Raymond Bramble (Maternal Uncle), David Paul Olsen (Brother-in-law) (Actor, Stuntman), Daniela Ruah (Sister-in-law) (Actress)
Sarah is represented by –
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA)
- Ellen Meyer Management
- Hansen, Jacobson, Teller, Hoberman, Newman, Warren, Richman, Rush & Kaller
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sarah has dated –
- AJ Mason (2004–2006) – Sarah dated photographer and artist named AJ Mason for a year before she got married to him in 2005. They got divorced the following year in 2006.
- Eric Christian Olsen (2006–Present) – Sarah first met actor Eric Olsen while filming the first season of the Fox network comedy The Loop in 2006 in which she was credited for her role as Sarah Mason. Sarah told ET that Eric was cold towards her during their first meeting. Eric clarified that he thought Sarah landed her job because she was beautiful and not because of her acting talent. Eventually, the couple developed camaraderie on the sets and Sarah admitted that one of the reasons she fell for Eric was due to his sense of humor. He made her laugh so much in between scenes that she could barely keep herself together. After dating for 5 years, the couple got engaged in 2011 during a vacation to Punta Mita, Mexico. 8-months later, they got married in June 2012 at their Wyoming countryside property. They had an outdoor ceremony with a rustic and vintage themed reception. The groom’s father, Paul, conducted the ceremony. Together the couple has a son named Wyatt Oliver Olsen (b. August 2013) and a daughter named Esmé Olivia Olsen (b. August 2016).
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, Irish, and Scottish ancestry.
- Mole above her right upper lip and another one next to her right eyebrow
- Resembles fellow actresses Sara Foster and Alice Eve
- The gums of her upper teeth show when she smiles
9 (US) or 6.5 (UK) or 39.5 (EU)
- She was cast as one of the models in a Jeep Wrangler commercial in 2009.
- Most of her commercial endorsements are on Instagram; some of the brands she has promoted are Citizens of Humanity, Dôen, Clare V., Freda Salvador, The Last Line, Kind, FabFitFun, Rethink Water, Spa Lé La, Sleep Welle Calming tea, and many others.
- She is the co-founder of an organic skincare company called Bāeo and frequently promotes it on all her social media channels.
- Sarah also promotes a wellness blog that she co-founded with close friend Teresa Palmer called Your Zen Mama (YZM).
Best Known For
Playing the wife, Lucy Seal of Tom Cruise’s character, Barry Seal in American Made (2017)
She has made her first feature film appearance as the lead character’s high school date in a comedy film titled Enchanted in 1998.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Paige Chase in the Fox Network’s family sitcom, Quintuplets in 2004.
- Sarah nursed her first child for 2 years and her second child for over a year that constantly kept her hunched over while tending to her toddlers. One day, when she decided to go for a massage, her masseuse warned her that she is likely to develop a humpback in ten years. The actress panicked and consulted other chiropractors and massage therapists who taught her ways to release tension from the neck and build strength in the back.
- One day, NYC-based Pilates instructor, Ali Handley got in touch with Sarah to contribute an article on Diastasis Recti to her blog Your Zen Mama when Sarah realized that the symptoms and issues mentioned in her post were familiar. Upon visiting NYC for work, Sarah asked Ali to provide a personal training session that immediately helped her feel better. Ever since the actress got an online subscription to Ali’s Body Love Pilates program and was so happy with it that she likes to recommend it to others. Each workout lasts 20 minutes or less.
- Sarah uses a yoga ball, yoga blocks, and a pair of dumbbells during her daily home workouts that she accommodates in her routine while watching her kids. Long walks and hiking are her main source of cardio. The actress may walk up to 5 miles on any given day. During busy work schedules, she likes to opt for spinning and yoga classes at a nearby studio.
- Sarah likes to treat herself with a cup of coffee and takes one cup upon waking up in the morning or right before dropping her son to school and another as a pre-workout. An hour before going to sleep, she enjoys a glass of wine or a cup of tea while watching her current favorite TV show.
- As a mother, the actress is very particular about keeping a wide variety of fruits and vegetables at home, so all the meals at home have a balanced ‘colorful’ plate. She only buys organic and locally grown food. Her family enjoys a variety of cuisines, and some of their favorites are Japanese, Thai, Indian, and Italian.
- The actress has only 2 main meals in a day. She eats lunch at noon (12 pm) and dinner by 6:00 pm or 6:30 pm. In the morning, she might have a glass of orange juice with a small portion of oatmeal with berries and walnuts for breakfast and consumes an indulgent carbohydrate like sweet potato fries only at lunchtime. Dinner comprises only of green vegetables with an accompanying protein source.
- Sarah suffers from a lot of food allergies, and important dietary concern is her sensitivity to gluten. Every time she gives in to the temptation of eating food that she is allergic to, Sarah’s skin breaks out, or she gets an upset stomach. Hence, the actress has to opt for gluten-free crackers, bread, and pasta and considers Spaghetti Squash as a healthy pasta alternative.
Sarah Wright Olsen Favorite Things
- Sunscreen – Marie Veronique Tinted sunscreen
- Cross Body Daily Use Bag Brand – Clare Vivier
- T-Shirt Brand – NPhilanthropy distressed T-shirts
- Floral Dress Brand – Madewell
- Dessert Brand – Whitey’s Ice cream
- Ice–Cream Flavor – Vanilla, Chocolate Chip
Sarah Wright Olsen Facts
- She started modeling at the age of 14. Her career picked up when she won the Mossimo clothing model-search contest in 1999.
- While in school, Sarah was a part of the marching band and the drama club but had no interest in sports.
- In the past, she visited Europe to perform as one of the 200 member band and chorus called the Kentucky Ambassadors of Music.
- As a teenager, she was self-conscious of having long legs and felt embarrassed by them but now considers them as one of her best visual assets.
- The first modeling agency that Sarah got signed to was MJK Studio in Kentucky. From there, she moved to Major Models in NYC and finally bagged a contract with Eileen Ford modeling agency in 2001.
- From the age of 18 to 20, Sarah traveled all over the world. She lived in Chicago, different parts of Europe including Greece and lived in Japan for 3 months.
- In 2015, the actress and her husband were featured in an HGTV reality show called House Hunters because they were visiting Jackson Hole in Wyoming to buy a vacation home.
- Visit her blog @ YourZenMama.com and follow their social media pages on Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Visit Sarah’s skincare brand’s official website @ Baeo.com.
- Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Sarah Wright Olsen / Instagram