|Sergio Pérez Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||January 26, 1990|
Sergio Pérez is a Mexican professional racing driver who has been a regular feature in the premier Formula One tier since his debut in 2011 and has frequently finished seasons within the ‘Top 10’ of the driver’s overall standings despite mostly racing for teams with relatively weaker cars. Before he had entered F1, he had won the British Formula 3 Championship – National Class title in 2007 and finished 2nd in the 2010 season of GP2 Series, the second-tier of the Formula One feeder championship.
Sergio Pérez Mendoza
Checo, The Mexican Wunderkind
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Professional Formula One Racing Driver
- Father – Antonio Pérez Garibay
- Mother – Marilú Pérez (née Mendoza)
- Siblings – Paola Pérez (Older Sister), Antonio Pérez (Older Brother) (Professional Stock Car Racing Driver)
Formula One Teams
Sergio has raced for –
- Sauber F1 Team (2011-2012)
- Vodafone McLaren Mercedes (2013)
- Sahara Force India F1 Team (2014-2018)
- Racing Point Force India F1 Team (2018)
- SportPesa Racing Point F1 Team (2019-Present)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sergio has dated –
- Greta Farias (2010-2012)
- Fernanda Gallegos (2013)
- Andrea Campillo Vivanco (2014)
- Carola Martínez (2016-Present) – Sergio and his partner Carola Martínez got married in June 2018. They have 3 children together – 2 sons named Sergio Pérez Jr. (b. December 2017) and Emilio Pérez (b. May 2022) and a daughter named Carlota Pérez (b. September 2019).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Mexican descent.
- Lean physique
- Sports a light stubble
- Charming smile
- Short-cropped, wavy hair
Sergio has been sponsored by –
Sergio Pérez Favorite Things
- Sports – Motor Racing, Soccer, Kart Racing, Golf
- Racing Tracks – Circuit de Monaco in Monaco, Autodromo Nazionale di Monza in Italy, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium
- Food – Pasta, Tortas Ahogadas
Sergio Pérez Facts
- He started his racing career with karts at the age of just 6. In 1998, he competed in the junior category of a local karting championship and became the youngest racer to win the championship in that category.
- In 2011, he became only the 5th Mexican driver to compete in a Formula One race.
- He started the Checo Pérez Foundation, a charitable organization that works to support children with cancer in November 2012.
- In 2018, he became the first racer to finish on the podium more than once at the Baku City Circuit (finishing 3rd at the Azerbaijan Grand Prix), having also finished 3rd at the European Grand Prix in 2016 that was held at the same circuit.
- In the 2018 F1 season, he was the only driver outside of the Mercedes, Ferrari, and Red Bull teams to end any race with a podium finish.
Featured Image by Sergio Pérez / Instagram