|Shakun Batra Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||January 1, 1983|
Shakun Batra is an Indian film director and screenwriter who rose to fame with his directorial and screenwriting debut, the romantic comedy movie Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu (2012). He went on to make several other films including the widely acclaimed family comedy-drama Kapoor & Sons (2016). Shakun is the recipient of many accolades such as the Filmfare Awards in 2017. He has amassed more than 75k followers on Instagram.
New Delhi, India
He has been a national scholar in Accounts and had gone to St.Xavier’s High School in New Delhi, and finished his graduation from St. Stephen’s College, Delhi University. After that, he joined the Vancouver Film School with the intention to become a cinematographer and graduated from there.
Film director, Screenwriter
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Sonam Nair
Race / Ethnicity
- Wears spectacles
- Beard and mustache
- Mole on his left cheek
He has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Levis.
Shakun Batra Favorite Things
- Accessory Brand – Oakley having enjoyed wearing their sunglasses
Source – Hindustan Times
Shakun Batra Facts
- He has recalled that in his youth, he would buy copy clothes from export-surplus outlets in Bandra, and often wear shorts with unironed T-shirts.
- Shakun has recollected that in his early twenties, he was extremely passionate about cinema and had known that he would hustle his way in. He would work 15 hours a day and still show up the following morning, full of energy and eagerness. He has added that he use to be idealistic, and would be brash when reviewing films having had very little idea regarding the hard work that goes into moviemaking.
- Shakun has never claimed to have made tentpole movies replete with elaborate song and dance moments. However, it has been noted that his stories have been infused with many tender, yet emotionally powerful moments and he has stated that he has been taken on an emotional journey that has made him connect with characters as well as relationships. He has added that he has felt that the most rewarding part of making a movie is that it changes him.
- Shakun has stated that in the emotional and intimate drama Gehraiyaan, the characters are in their early thirties and carrying the weight of their past. He was aware that in a film about relationships in that frame of age, physicality, the body and desires should play a huge part. Shakun had shied away from it in his first film Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu but in Gehraiyaan, it became very important for him to ensure that he addressed intimacy in a way that would originate from the characters and help in taking the story forward. He has added that he was scared and shy, and began reading a lot and comprehending how it was being done in the West.
- Batra has stated that his characters have often spoken primarily in English that has made people comment that his films sometimes have not sounded like a Hindi feature. However, that has not affected him as he has not thought of audiences as belonging to a particular language group and has, instead, focused on the story and what fits it best.
- He has felt lucky to have a high metabolism and to have usually been thin and lanky. He has hardly worked out, having only run at times.
Featured Image by Shakun Batra / Instagram