|Shama Sikander Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||August 4, 1981|
Shama Sikander is an Indian actress who first came into the spotlight with the lead role of Pooja Mehta in the coming-of-age drama TV series Yeh Meri Life Hai (2003-2005). She had already started her acting career before this, though, with supporting roles in movies such as Prem Aggan (1998) and Mann (1999). Post Yeh Meri Life Hai, she had a lull in her career playing cameo roles in a few TV series and films; and making sporadic appearances in dance-based reality TV series. She returned to the limelight in the mid-2010s for her performances in short films and web series such as S*xaholic (2016), Maaya: Slave of Her Desires (2016), and Ab Dil Ki Sunn (2018). In December 2010, In December 2010, she had launched a women’s wear fashion label called Saisha. She had also founded a production company called Shama Sikander Films Pvt. Ltd. in 2017.
Makrana, Nagaur, Rajasthan, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Shama, after passing 10th grade, via the ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education) examination, had joined the Roshan Taneja School of Acting in Mumbai. She had enrolled in the course in 1995 and had graduated a year later.
- Father – Sikander Ali Gesawat (Businessman)
- Mother – Gulshan Sikander Ali Gesawat
- Siblings – Rizwann Sikander (Younger Brother) (Actor), Salma Sikander (Younger Sister) (Actress), Khalid Sikander (Brother)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shama has dated –
- Mimoh Chakraborty (2010) – Rumor
- Alexx O’Nell (2011-2015) – Shama began dating India-based American actor and musician Alexx O’Nell in mid-2011. She was even rumored to be producing an entire English-language musical album authored by Alexx. They parted ways in January 2015.
- James Milliron (2016-Present) – Shama started dating American businessman James Milliron in 2016 and the couple got engaged in Dubai later that year. They were scheduled to get married in September 2020 but their plans were stalled due to the global coronavirus outbreak. They later got married in March 2022 in the Goa Christian ceremony.
Race / Ethnicity
- Petite frame
- Long, straight, dense hair
- Charming smile
- Plump lips
- Gleaming face
Shama Sikander Favorite Things
- Hobbies/Interests – Dancing, Photography, Traveling, Horse Riding, Swimming, Watching Movies, Fashion Designing
- Fitness/Workout Techniques – Power Yoga, Kickboxing
- Musical Instrument – Violin
Shama Sikander Facts
- Born in the state of Rajasthan, Shama had moved to Mumbai with her family when she was 9 years old. Her first few years in the city were a tough time for her family financially. Consequently, she attended 9 schools as her family would often relocate from one Mumbai suburb to another due to economic constraints.
- Her characters in her debut film (Prem Aggan, 1998) and her debut TV series (Yeh Meri Life Hai, 2003–2005) were both named Pooja. For her performances in the latter, she won the ‘Best Debut’ award at the 2004 ITA (Indian Television Academy) Awards and the ‘Critics’ Choice: Best Actress’ award at the 12th Lions Gold Awards in 2005.
- A polyglot, she is fluent in half a dozen languages that include Hindi, English, Urdu, Gujarati, Marathi, and Marwadi.
- In the late 2000s, she had battled episodes of bipolar disorder, anxiety, depression, and suicidal thoughts.
Featured Image by Shama Sikander / Instagram