|Shane Richie Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||March 11, 1964|
Shane Richie is a British actor, comedian, TV presenter, and singer who is best known for portraying the character of Alfie Moon in the popular soap opera EastEnders (2002–2005, 2010–2016, 2018–2019). Besides his extensive body of acting work in TV series and theater productions, he has served as the host for several TV game shows such as Win, Lose or Draw (1994), Lucky Numbers (1995-1997), Reflex (2014), Win Your Wish List (2014-2016), and Decimate (2015-2016). A country music enthusiast, he has also released the studio albums titled The Album (1997), Once Around the Sun (2000), and A Country Soul (2017).
Shane Patrick Paul Roche
Kensington, London, England, United Kingdom
Reigate, Surrey, England, United Kingdom
Shane had attended the Willesden High School in London.
Actor, Comedian, TV Presenter, Singer
- Father – Harry Roche (Former Binman) (d. October 2009)
- Siblings – He has a younger brother.
- Others – Ciara Fensome (Step-Daughter), Maureen Nolan (Ex-Mother-in-Law) (d. December 2007), Tommy Nolan (Ex-Father-in-Law) (d. 1998), Tommy Nolan (Ex-Brother-in-Law), Brian Nolan (Ex-Brother-in-Law), Anne Nolan (Ex-Sister-in-Law), Denise Nolan (Ex-Sister-in-Law) (Singer), Maureen Nolan (Ex-Sister-in-Law) (Singer), Linda Nolan (Ex-Sister-in-Law) (Actress, Singer, TV Personality), Bernie Nolan (Ex-Sister-in-Law) (Actress, Singer, TV Personality)
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shane has dated –
- Coleen Nolan (1987–2002) – Shane had started dating British singer, TV personality, and author Coleen Nolan in December 1987. The couple got married on March 8, 1990, and have 2 sons together named Jake Roche (b. September 16, 1992) (Singer, Songwriter, Actor) and Shane Roche Jr. (b. December 2, 1988). They had parted ways in 1999 and were officially divorced in September 2002. Through Shane Roche Jr., he has a granddaughter named Amelia Rose Roche (b. January 13, 2016).
- Christie Goddard (2002-Present) – Shane began dating actress Christie Goddard in 2002 and the couple got engaged in April 2005. They got married on July 21, 2007, and have 3 children together – a son named Mackenzie Blue Roche (b. 2006); and 2 daughters named Lolita Bell Roche (b. 2008) and Romani-Skye Angel Shelley Roche (b. 2011).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Close-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
He had been featured in a TV commercial for Daz washing powder, in the 1990s.
Shane Richie Facts
- He was named after his mother’s favorite movie, a western drama film titled Shane (1953). He had later changed his stage name from Roche to Richie, after iconic singer Lionel Richie.
- Shane had released his autobiography titled Rags to Richie in 2003. Among several scandalous revelations in the book was the mention of an incident where he claimed that he had had s*x with 6 girls in a chalet while he was working as a bluecoat entertainer at a holiday camp. He had also revealed that he had lost his v*rginity to his younger brother’s babysitter when he was 13 years old.
- Shane had mentioned in an interview that he had often broken the law in the past by orchestrating ticket touts outside of movie theatres. He had claimed that he would often arrange for free tickets to the touts who would go on to sell them for high prices, earning him a hefty profit.
Featured Image by Shane Richie / Instagram