|Sharon Lawrence Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||June 29, 1961|
Sharon Lawrence is a talented American actress, singer, and dancer. She is known for her roles in TV series like NYPD Blue, Fired Up, Boston Legal, Desperate Housewives, Monk, The Line, Privileged, The Ranch, How to Get Away with Murder, Dynasty, and Criminal Minds. She has a BA degree in Journalism from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Sharon Elizabeth Lawrence
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Sharon Lawrence studied at the Needham B. Broughton High School in Raleigh, North Carolina. Later, she graduated with a BA degree in Journalism from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1983.
Actress, Singer, Dancer
- Father – Tom Lawrence (Television News Reporter for WRAL-TV in Raleigh, North Carolina)
- Mother – Earlyn Lawrence (Education Administrator and Head Start Supervisor)
- Siblings – Mark Lawrence (Brother)
Sharon Lawrence is managed by –
- Agency for the Performing Arts, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Authentic Talent and Literary Management, Talent Management Company), Brooklyn, New York, United States
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sharon Lawrence has dated –
- Thomas Carter – Sharon had a relationship with director Thomas Carter for a while in the past.
- Tom Apostle – Sharon was in a relationship with Dr. Tom Apostle before they tied the knot on May 31, 2002. Incidentally, Sharon and Tom exchanged vows in the same church where she enacted a marriage scene as Sylvia Costas in NYPD Blue to Detective Andy Sipowicz.
Race / Ethnicity
- Prominent nose
- Beautiful large eyes
Sharon Lawrence has either endorsed or promoted brands like –
- Chiara Boni La Petite Robe
- Heal the Bay
Best Known For
Her role in the popular TV series including ABC’s primetime show NYPD Blue (1993-1999) as Sylvia Costas Sipowicz, TNT’s Rizzoli & Isles (2012-2016) as Dr. Hope Martin, and Shameless as Margo
As a Singer
As a singer, she has performed in numerous TV series including Lean on Me in Drop Dead Diva (2011), Love Is Like a Heat Wave in Fired Up (1997) and other Broadway musicals.
In 1997, she made her theatrical film debut in the romantic drama film The Only Thrill as Joleen Quillet.
First TV Show
In 1992, she made her first TV show appearance on the drama series Civil Wars as Norma Helmutz.
In 1996, she lent her voice as a Quote Reader on the documentary series S*x, Censorship, and the Silver Screen.
Sharon Lawrence works out regularly. She goes for spinning classes 3-4 times a week and yoga, 2-3 times a week. Apart from that, she practices dance regularly.
As for her diet, she tries to maintain a healthy eating habit with little sugar and no dairy. She also indulges in occasional massages and uses sunscreen every time she is out in the sun.
Sharon Lawrence Favorite Things
- Things To Do – Traveling, Viewing from high places, Scuba diving and spending time with her nephews
- Clothes – Great fitting jeans by Silver, John Eshaya T-shirts, Hush Puppies, and Black leather pants
- Food – Thai food, soups, and her mom’s buttermilk biscuits
Source – NY Post
Sharon Lawrence Facts
- She relaxes by doing yoga, browsing in antiques and home-decorating shops, and taking pictures while on vacation.
- She cannot live without her multi-vitamins, English breakfast tea and honey, and Shu Uemura eyelash curler.
- The highest place she has ever been to was when she went skydiving from 15,000 feet of an airplane.
- The deepest place she has ever been to was in Bali when she went 125 feet under the Indonesian sea to look at some very rare sunfish.
- Her personal style is more of casual wear that includes cropped T-shirts or sweaters, and low-slung pants from Abercrombie & Fitch.
- For special occasions, she prefers a little black dress and heels or body-conscious slacks and strappy tops. She also likes to wear drawstring sweatpants, T-tops, and flannel pajamas when she is relaxing.
- For a big night out, she prefers a gown or cocktail dress by Carmen Marc Valvo which she accessorizes with a great purse, a diamond solitaire necklace, and great shades.
- She style icons are Annette Bening, Goldie Hawn, Vanessa Redgrave, and Lauryn Hill.
- Her closet is full of black pants and workout wear.
- If she could change anything about herself, she would like to take things a little slower.
- Her special beauty tip is drinking lots of water.
- She would love to own Fendi baguette but would never buy it for herself.
- If she had more free time, she would spend it with her family, travel, and scuba dive.
- Few beauty tricks she has learned from makeup artists include adding individual eyelashes to the outside corners of the eyes and rinsing L.A. and New York City tap water off the face with Evian to prevent dryness.
- She never leaves home without her Bobbi Brown lip gloss, facial-powder sheets, floss, and cell phone.
- She does not smoke.
- Sharon supports organizations like WeForShe, Heal the Bay, and SAG-AFTRA Foundation, among others.
- She owns a poodle named Parker.
- Visit her official website @ sharon-lawrence.com.
- Follow her on Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Mingle MediaTV / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0