|Sharon Tate Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||January 24, 1943|
Sharon Tate was a flourishing American actress and model who appeared in shows and movies like The Beverly Hillbillies, The Fearless Vampire Killers, and The Wrecking Crew. Hailed as one of Hollywood’s most promising newcomers, her skills got her nominated for the Golden Globe Award for “Most Promising Newcomer – Female” for her portrayal of Jennifer North in the drama film, Valley of the Dolls (1967).
Sharon Marie Tate
She was born on January 24, 1943.
Sharon Tate died at the age of 26 after suffering from multiple stab wounds as she was murdered by the members of Charles Manson’s “family” on August 9, 1969, in Benedict Canyon, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Holy Cross Cemetery, Culver City, California, United States
Dallas, Texas, United States
Sharon Tate studied at Chief Joseph Junior High School, Columbia High School, Irvin High School, and Vicenza American High School.
- Father – Colonel Paul James Tate (United States Army Officer)
- Mother – Doris Gwendolyn (née Willett)
- Siblings – Debra Tate (Younger Sister), Patricia Tate (Younger Sister)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sharon Tate had dated –
- Steve McQueen
- Richard Beymer (1961-1963)
- Philippe Forquet (1963-1964)
- Jay Sebring (1964-1966)
- Roman Polanski (1966-1969) – Tate started her love affair with the French-Polish film director, producer, writer, and actor, Roman Polanski, in 1966 and they married on January 20, 1968, in Chelsea, London. During the latter part of 1968, she became pregnant and was due on August 12, 1969, and they intended their son to be named Paul Richard Polanski. Unfortunately, she was murdered on August 9, 1969, and was interred with her son in her arms.
Race / Ethnicity
Sharon Tate was of English, Scottish, German, Swiss-German, and Irish descent.
- Beautiful large eyes
- Lilting voice
She had done commercial work for brands such as Coppertone Sun Tan Lotion, Chevrolet, and Santa Fe Cigarette.
Sharon Tate Favorite Things
- Lip Makeup – Vaseline
Source – IMDb
Sharon Tate Facts
- She was a mere 6-month old when she won the “Miss Tiny Tot of Dallas Pageant”.
- In 1958, during her time at Columbia High School, Sharon Tate was crowned as the ‘Sophomore Princess’.
- She was shy and lacked self-confidence.
- During her time, she was regarded as one of the most beautiful Hollywood actresses.
- Her murder was ranked at number #1 on “E!’s Most Shocking Hollywood Murders” list.
- The last book that Sharon Tate read was “Tess of the d’Urbervilles” by Thomas Hardy and believed that Roman Polanski would one day turn it into a great film. He did work in the film Tess (1979) which was dedicated simply “For Sharon”.
Featured Image by Lily Laurent / Flickr / Public Domain