|Shawn Rhoden Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Weight||109 kg (On-season)|
|Date of Birth||April 2, 1975|
Shawn Rhoden can be considered as a late bloomer. He started his bodybuilding journey in 1992. However, before he took up bodybuilding, he was an amateur soccer player but his alcoholism and several injuries made it difficult for him to continue a career in soccer. His progress in bodybuilding was slow and he got his first IFBB Pro Card in 2010. By then, he had supercharged his career and the following year, he made his debut at Mr. Olympia. Shawn eventually toppled Phil Heath from his lofty pedestal of 7 years and became the new Mr. Olympia.
Flexatron, Jamaican Muscle Machine, Eeyore
The information about Shawn Rhoden’s formal education isn’t available.
- Father – Lloyd Rhoden
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
118 kg or 260 lbs (Off-season)
109 kg or 240 lbs (On-season)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shawn Rhoden has dated –
- Michelle Sugar – Shawn is in a relationship with the Instagram model, Michelle Sugar. They also parent a daughter named, Cora.
Race / Ethnicity
Shawn Rhoden has used his immense social media presence to land various lucrative endorsement deals. He has promoted the products and brands such as –
- Trifecta Meal Delivery System
- Hummer USA Fitness
- Schiek Sports Inc.
- Feast Mode Flavors
- The Herbstrong
- Jagware Suits
- Pro Tan
Best Known For
- Being one of the accomplished and popular professional bodybuilders. He has won numerous IFBB events and competitions including Mr. Olympia in 2018.
- His strong presence on the popular social media platform, Instagram, where he has over 1.5 million followers
In 2013, Shawn Rhoden made his theatrical film debut in the sports documentary movie, Generation Iron.
Shawn Rhoden selects the workout routine depending on what phase he is in of his preparation for bodybuilding events. When he is in the early stages of his preparation, he likes to go for lower rep ranges for workout sessions that involve heavy lifting. While when he is in the advanced stages, he likes to increase the rep ranges and focuses on lifting light weight.
Rhoden also tailors his diet as per his requirements. However, he doesn’t deviate much from his pre-contest diet plan. His pre-contest diet includes 4 to 5 meals per day. For the meals, he focusses on eating carrots, potatoes, rice, carbohydrate-rich veggies, lean ground beef, chicken, and steak.
His daily dietary intake also includes post-workout protein shakes. He usually wraps up his days with a blend of peanut butter, cinnamon, oatmeal, and protein powder. During the bulking up stage, he increases his frequency of meals and starts eating more per meal. During this stage, Shawn usually starts his day with a big breakfast that includes 15 egg whites, 3 whole eggs, and 1 and a half cups of oatmeal.
View this post on Instagram
#Road2theO – Had the opportunity to smash a arm workout with non other than @simeonpanda. Killer workout and a chance to chat a bit about how and why we started bodybuilding. Check this out on my YouTube channel. Subscribe for these and many more. YouTube.com/ShawnFlexatronrhoden #instagood #videooftheday #flex #bodybuilding #arms #flexatron #shawnrhoden #simeonpanda #ifnotmewho @clearscopemedia @simeonpanda @hummerusafitness @mrolympiallc @trifectasystem @jagware_suits @feastmodeflavors @herbstrong @therealtechnician @protan_official @schieksportsinc @nebbia_fitness @psychofitness21 @stanimal9 – – – -🎥 @clearscopemedia — 📷 @tonypettiford
Shawn Rhoden Favorite Things
- Food – Steak, pancakes
Source – SixPackBags.com
Shawn Rhoden Facts
- In 1990, he moved from Jamaica to the United States and settled down in Maryland.
- Shortly after his father passed away in 2002, he battled alcohol addiction. He eventually overcame his addiction with the help of his close friend, Lenore Carroll.
- Initially, he had dreamed of becoming a professional soccer player but his amateur career as a soccer player was blighted by injuries and his alcoholism.
- Shawn Rhoden turned to bodybuilding in 1992. The former Mr. Universe, Yohnnie, was his inspiration as he sought to achieve success in his new passion.
- In 2010, he earned his IFBB Pro card. The following year, Shawn made his debut at the Mr. Olympia event and managed to finish in the 11th spot.
- Soon after, only in his 2nd appearance at Mr. Olympia, he managed to finish in the 3rd spot at the event.
- In 2018, he snapped Phil Heath‘s 7 consecutive winning run as Mr. Olympia. Moreover, at the age of 43 years and 5 months, he became the oldest competitor to have won the Mr. Olympia title.
- Visit his official website @ shawnrhoden.com.
- Follow Shawn Rhoden on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Shawn Rhoden / Instagram