Sherri M. Saum
Dayton, Ohio, USA
- Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles, California
- Also, owns a property in New York City
Sherri studied at Oakview Elementary School in Kettering, Ohio followed by Kettering Fairmont High School.
She then went to study Spanish in Madrid, Spain for six months.
For college education, Sherri enrolled at Ohio State University but transferred to New York University after one semester as a Psychology major.
After getting her Bachelor’s degree, Sherri intended to study Criminal Justice at John Jay College but put those plans got aside when her agent helped her book an acting job in Los Angeles.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Lois
- Siblings – Michael Saum (Brother) (Dayton City Administrator), Dr. Lisa Saum (Sister) (Political Scientist)
- Others – Daniel de los Reyes (Brother-in-law) (Percussionist), Caylen de los Reyes (Step-son)
She is signed by these agencies –
- Abrams Artists Agency, LA and NYC
- MGMT Entertainment, West Hollywood, California
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sherri has dated –
- Timothy Adams (1997–2003) – When Sherri and Timothy first met each other at a producer’s office awaiting the results of a casting call in 1996, both actors admitted they developed an instant attraction towards each other. At that time, Sherri was in a long distance relationship and engaged to a boyfriend in New York City while Timothy was fresh out of a divorce from former MTV VJ Daisy Fuentes. Timothy explained he pursued Sherri relentlessly for a long time while they co-starred in the daily soap, Sunset Beach (1997–1999) until Sherri gave in to his advances and started dating him. Timothy even claimed that he was in a very content, happy space with Sherri and both of them shared a judgment-free affection for each other. The couple split in 2003 probably because their opinions differed when it came to long term commitment.
- Kamar de los Reyes (2007–Present) – Sherri met Kamar on the sets of her second daytime TV show, One Life to Live (2001–2003) in 2002. After dating steadily for a few years, they got married in May 2007. Kamar’s son from a former partner, Caylen plays a doting older brother to Sherri’s kids and also shares a close bond with her. Sherri became a mother for the first time at the age of 39. She had twin sons with her husband, Kamar in May 2014 named, John Rubén de los Reyes and Michael Luís de los Reyes.
Race / Ethnicity
Sherri has African American father and Caucasian German mother.
- Olive colored flawless smooth skin
- Thick and luscious big head of curly hair
- Slender body with lean muscles
33-25-34 in or 84-63.5-86 cm
2 (US) or 6 (UK) or 32 (EU)
9 (US) or 6.5 (UK) or 39.5 (EU)
Part of an infomercial for the Principal Secret Reclaim skin care system (2008).
Her religious beliefs are not confirmed but most likely she follows Christianity.
Best Known For
Playing one-half of a lesbian couple as Lena Adams Foster in The Fosters.
In 2003, Sherri was a part of coming of age, feminist movie, Anne B. Real in which she was cast as Janet Gimenez.
First TV Show
She was cast as Vanessa Hart in NBC daytime soap opera called Sunset Beach from 1997 to 1999.
- Sherri engages in plenty of body weight and outdoor workouts with her husband.
- She occasionally visits a gym with a friend.
- Twice a week, she hires a personal trainer to work on her core and train with kettlebells and resistance bands for an additional challenge.
- Hiking, running up and down the stairs and playing with her sons is Sherri’s preferred form of cardio.
- She relies upon protein supplements to fulfill her nutritional requirements.
- Sherri claims to have a fast metabolism and eats frequently throughout the day.
Sherri Saum Favorite Things
- Role (among her own) – Natalie in Rescue Me (2006–2007), Bess in In Treatment (2009)
- Guilty Pleasure – Pizza
- Hometown Places – Vintage stores in Oregon District, Donatos Pizza, The Dayton Art Institute
- Candy – Red Vines
Sherri Saum Facts
- Jennifer Lopez served as one of the executive producers of Sherri Saum’s show, The Fosters.
- Sherri’s close friend and The Fosters co-star, Teri Polo revealed that she felt intimidated by her when she met her for the first time because she was quiet and gorgeous and hence gave the impression of being a snob.
- Growing up, Sherri describes herself as a shy kid who was a good student. But, she also spent a lot of time lost in thoughts and day dreaming.
- She idolizes her sister to this day and admires her for her brave and extrovert personality.
- She was a cheerleader in high school and was also a part of the drama club.
- While studying at the university, she took up modeling and waitressing.
- Sherri was inspired to become an actress after watching Aileen Quin in Annie (1982). She admitted that she became obsessed with the actress and wrote her several fan letters.
- Sherri recommends a career in acting only if a person cannot imagine oneself in any other profession because this industry puts people through brutal rejection before they land a stable job and only the most resilient actors tend to survive.
- She lives back and forth in NYC and LA because Sherri loves the hardworking culture of NYC, the local pizza and traveling by subway. In contrast, she loves LA for its natural beauty and scenic locations that allow long walks and hikes.
- Instead of spending money on expensive material possessions, Sherri prefers to indulge herself by traveling to exotic destinations. She has explored South America, Africa, Middle East and East Asia and is always eager to explore a new country every year.
- She regularly raises money for an organization called Kusewera which was formed by her friend, Karen Osborn.
- Follow Sherri Saum on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Mingle MediaTV / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0