|Son Ye-jin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||January 11, 1982|
Son Ye-jin is a South Korean actress who has appeared in a variety of characters in on-screen projects such as The Last Princess, The Negotiation, Crash Landing on You, Bad Guys Always Die, A Moment to Remember, The Classic, Secret Garden, April Snow, White Night, Don’t Look Back: The Legend of Orpheus, Delicious Proposal, Alone in Love, Spotlight, My Wife Got Married, Lovers’ Concerto, The Truth Beneath, Be with You, Blood and Ties, Spellbound, and Something in the Rain. Also, as of December 2020, she had won a total of 50 awards out of 72 nominations and her collection of awards included 6 Baeksang Arts Awards, 4 Grand Bell Awards, 6 Blue Dragon Film Awards, and 1 Buil Film Awards.
Suseong District, Daegu, South Korea
Son Ye-jin got enrolled at Seoul Institute of the Arts – Film and majored in film.
Son Ye-jin has been represented by MSTeam.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
46 kg or 101.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Son Ye-jin has dated –
- Hyun Bin (2018-Present) – In 2018, she met actor Hyun Bin while working on The Negotiation and the duo eventually started dating. As she started going out with Hyun Bin, many sources speculated that the duo was romantically involved. However, their relationship was kept undercover for a while and their agencies also denied the rumors. Later, on January 1, 2021, it was announced that they were, in fact, in a relationship. The duo has also worked together in the television series, Crash Landing on You. In February 2022, the couple announced in an open letter that they were planning to get married in March 2022. In March 2022, they actually tied the knot in a private ceremony. In June 2022, it was revealed that they were expecting their first child together.
Race / Ethnicity
Son Ye-jin is of South Korean descent.
Son Ye-jin Facts
- She appeared as Joo In-ah in the 2008 film, My Wife Got Married, and this role won her multiple accolades like the 29th Blue Dragon Film Awards for “Best Leading Actress” and “Best Couple Award” (with Kim Joo-hyuk) and the 45th Baeksang Arts Award for “Best Actress (Film)”.
- In 2016, Son Ye-jin portrayed the character of Princess Deokhye, the last princess of the Korean Empire, in the period drama film titled The Last Princess.
- Alongside Hyun Bin, Kim Jung-hyun, and Seo Ji-hye, she co-starred in the romantic comedy-drama television series, Crash Landing on You, from 2019 to 2020. She appeared as Yoon Se-ri who is a South Korean chaebol heiress to Queen’s Group with a troubled family history.
- For her role in Crash Landing on You, Son Ye-jin won the 56th Baeksang Arts Award for “Most Popular Actress (TV)” and the 15th Seoul International Drama Award for “Outstanding Korean Actress”.
- She has been friends with Gong Hyo-jin, Kim Hye-soo, and Lee Min-jung.
Featured Image by Korea.net / Korean Culture and Information Service / CC BY-SA 2.0