|Hyun Bin Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 0½ in|
|Date of Birth||September 25, 1982|
Hyun Bin is a South Korean actor, singer, and former marine corps who is best known for his important portrayal of Hyun Jin-heon in My Name is Kim Sam-soon (2005), Jung Ji-oh in Worlds Within (2008), Kim Joo-won in Secret Garden (2010–2011), Yoo Jin-woo in Memories of the Alhambra (2018–2019). He is also noted for his theatrical appearance as Im Cheol-ryung in Confidential Assignment and Hwang Ji-sung in The Swindlers (2017). Apart from that, he has also appeared in many other shows and films such as Daddy Long Legs (2005), Late Autumn (2011), Rampant (2018), Bodyguard (2003), The Snow Queen (2006), and Hyde Jekyll, Me (2015).
Hyun is also popular for a number of other reasons such as receiving the Grand Prize Paeksang Arts Award, 50th Savings Day’s “President Award” for accumulation a total of 35 billion South Korean won in a span of 17 years, and for his service in South Korea mandatory military service from 2011 to 2012. With time, he has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 50k followers on Twitter and more than 200k followers on Instagram.
Kim Tae-pyung (In Hangul, it is written as 김태평)
Binnie, Hyun Bin
Seoul, South Korea
Hyun Bin attended Youngdong High School prior to attaining a major in Theater Studies from Chung-Ang University in 2004. Later, in 2009, he re-enrolled himself at the same university to complete in masters.
- Father – Kim Won-hong
- Siblings – He has an older brother.
Hyun Bin is represented by VAST Entertainment & Media.
He was previously represented by SM Entertainment.
He has released his music with Universal D record label in the past.
6 ft 0½ in or 184 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Hyun Bin has dated –
- Hwang Ji-hyun (2006-2007) – Actress Hwang Ji-hyun and Hyun met one another for the first time at a shoot in 2006. The couple instantly clicked and went on to date one another. However, in June 2007, KBS World Radio published an article stating that an associate had told them that the Hwang and Hyun had parted ways sometime in March that year and they were not seeing one another anymore.
- Song Hye-kyo (2008-2011) – Hyun met actress Song Hye-kyo for the first time in 2008 on the set of the popular comedy television series Worlds Within. The on-screen couple soon tuned in sync with one another and started dating secretly off-screen as well. However, they later openly admitted to dating one another after a short while and soon turned into a fan-favorite duo. Nevertheless, in early 2011, both the star managers came forth and told to announce that Song Hye-kyo and Hyun Bin had mutually parted ways due to time restraints. After that, Hyun enlisted himself in military service.
- Kang So-ra (2016-2017) – What started off as a rumor turned into the raw truth when actress Kang So-ra and Hyun started dating in December 2016. It was Kang’s agency that told the media “It has only been about half a month since the two started dating, so we’re very cautious about the reports.” They also stated that the duo had met for the first time in October of that year. Sadly, a year later, in December 2017, the couple’s agencies came forth to tell the media that they had split due to work restraints.
- Son Ye-jin (2018-Present) – Co-stars Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin met one another for the first time during the shoot of The Negotiation in 2018. Since then, the couple was seen one another on more than one occasion. In January 2019, the rumors of their dating began to spread like fire after they were seen together in New York grocery shopping, hence, forcing Hyun Bin’s agency to come forth and speak about the highlighted topic. The agency however denied their dating news. It was confirmed by their respective agencies in January 2021 that they indeed are dating. In February 2022, the couple announced that they were planning to get married in March 2022 in Seoul. In March 2022, they actually got married in a private ceremony. In June 2022, it was revealed that the couple was expecting their first child together, a baby boy.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall physique
- Perfect lips
- Chiseled jawline
Hyun Bin has appeared in commercials for various brands such as –
- CF Freshian
Through his social media, Hyun Bin has endorsed various brands such as Omega SA, Magic, and Lexus.
Best Known For
- Being cast as Hyun Jin-heon in My Name is Kim Sam-soon (2005), Jung Ji-oh in Worlds Within (2008), Kim Joo-won in Secret Garden (2010–2011), Yoo Jin-woo in Memories of the Alhambra (2018–2019), Im Cheol-ryung in Confidential Assignment, and Hwang Ji-sung in The Swindlers (2017)
- Starring in various other shows and films such as Daddy Long Legs (2005), Late Autumn (2011), Rampant (2018), Bodyguard (2003), The Snow Queen (2006), and Hyde Jekyll, Me (2015)
- The release of his song That Man (2011) which was an OST for the show Secret Garden
- His work alongside various well-known actors such as Tang Wei, Lee Yeon-hee, Yoo Hae-jin, Lee Na-young, Son Ye-jin, Kang So-ra, and Song Hye-kyo
- Receiving the “President’s Award” for saving 35 billion South Korean won in 17 years
- Voluntarily serving with the marine corps from 2011-2012
- Appearing in music videos for various arts like Kim Dong-ryool’s Reply (2018), Lemon Trees’s Hey U (2006), TVXQ‘s One (2005), and Kim Bum-soo’s Memory (2005)
As a Singer
Hyun has contributed his vocals to the release of a number of hit songs including That Man for the show Secret Garden in 2011, Can’t Have You for the show Friend, Our Legend in 2011, and Dream in My Heart (2010).
His OST That Man was ranked at #1 on 8 Korean music portals that included Melon, Bento, Bugs, Mnet, Naver, Daum, Cyworld, and Soribada.
Hyun made his debut theatrical film appearance as Lee Min-gyu in Spin Kick in 2004. He was cast alongside actor Kim Dong-wan and An Jo.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as a “stalker” on the KBS2’s Bodyguard in 2003. He worked along with the likes of actor Cha Seung-won, Lim Eun-kyung, and Han Go-eun.
Though Hyun has not publicly revealed anything about his workout routine, it is safe to say that he might do various cardio and abdominal workouts such as running, skipping, crunches, sit-ups, leg lifts, and toe touches in order to maintain his well-toned core region.
Hyun Bin Favorite Things
- TV Show – Secret Garden (2010)
Source – Soompi
Hyun Bin Facts
- He was brought up in the capital of South Korea alongside his older brother.
- His name Hyun Bin means “bright light.”
- During his childhood days, Hyun was so influenced by detective shows and films that he wanted to become one when he grew up.
- It was in his high school days that he took a liking to act after a senior student had asked him to join the school’s theater clubs.
- Hyun led a very subtle lifestyle during his childhood days. His parents refused to pick acting as a career path at first. However, he continued to try and convince them and after 2 years, they agreed on one condition, that he go to the Chung-Ang University, to learn acting first.
- He was discovered by a talent agent while going on a bike ride with his friends.
- In the past, Hyun and actress Shin Min-ah who were represented by SM Entertainment decided to begin their own agency called O& Entertainment.
- Hyun has been the face of various multinational brands including Hyundai Motors in 2011, Kia Motors in 2013, Incheon Asian Games in 2014, and Gwangju Biennale in 2016.
- Hyun voluntarily served in the Marine Corps for 21 months from March 2011 to December 2012. It is one of the toughest branches in the military, yet he was said to be a commendable soldier.
- 6 months after joining the marine corps, Hyun along with 400 other soldiers took part in the 6.25 km run during the “Seoul Reclamation Anniversary Marine Marathon Competition.” It is a memorial event that was held to celebrate the recovery of Seoul during the “6.25 Korean War.”
- Hyun was given the “President’s” award for saving a large sum of 35 billion (Equivalent To Circa USD 3.3 million) in a span of 17 years. It was handed to him during the “50th Savings Day” which was held by the “Financial Services Committee” on October 29, 2013.
- He has appeared in a number of music videos such as in Kim Dong-ryool’s Reply (2018), Lemon Trees’s Hey U (2006), TVXQ’s One (2005), and Kim Bum-soo’s Memory (2005).
- Hyun took part in an animal cruelty awareness campaign in February 2016. Pictures that were released to the media, show him striking a pose with a former search and rescue dog named Vision.
- He founded his very own talent agency titled VAST Entertainment in January 2016.
- In his free time, Hyun enjoys going swimming, playing basketball, and going to theatrical performances.
Featured Image By Hyun Bin / Instagram