|Sheryl Lee Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 22, 1967|
Sheryl Lee is a German-born American television, film, and stage actress who is best known for portraying the role of Laura Palmer and Maddy Ferguson in the TV series, Twin Peaks and its spin-off film, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Jersey Girl, Backbeat, Notes from Underground, Fall Time, This World, Then the Fireworks, The Blood Oranges, Vampires, Angel’s Dance, Paradise, Texas, The Makings of You, Red Shoe Diaries, L.A. Doctors, Desperate Housewives, One Tree Hill, CSI: NY, Rosewood, and many more. Her stage credits include Crimes of the Heart, Salome, Emerald City, and The Bad Seed. For her acting skills, Sheryl has been honored with numerous awards such as the Fangoria Chainsaw Award and Gotham Independent Film Award.
Sheryl Lynn Lee
Augsburg, Bavaria, West Germany
Sheryl has done her high school studies from Fairview High School in Boulder, Colorado.
She then went to the University of Colorado.
Sheryl has also attended the American Academy of Dramatic Arts and North Carolina School of the Arts.
Sheryl then enrolled herself into the National Theatre Conservatory in Denver.
Finally, she studied at the now-defunct Empty Space Theater in Seattle with theatre director Mark Jenkins.
- Father – is an architect
- Mother – is an artist
- Siblings – Paul Lee (Younger Brother) (Cinematographer / Producer)
Brillstein Entertainment Partners (Talent Management Company)
5 ft 5½ in or 166 cm
56 kg or 123.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sheryl Lee has dated –
- David Duchovny (1991-1992) – David Duchovny is an American actor famous for his roles in Twin Peaks and Red Shoe Diaries. Sheryl and David met while shooting the drama series “Twin Peaks”. They started dating in 1991. They dated for about a year and split in 1992.
- Jesse Diamond – Photographer Jesse Diamond, who is the son of popular singer and songwriter, Neil Diamond, married Sheryl in 2000. But, they got divorced after a year. They have a son together named Elijah (b. May 2, 2000).
Race / Ethnicity
- Bright Smile
- Attractive Personality
- In 1998, Sheryl appeared in the print ad for PETA in a campaign named “I Wouldn’t Be Caught Dead in Fur”.
- In 2000, she was seen in the print ad for PETA in a campaign named “Even the Most Exotic Animals Don’t Belong Behind Bars”.
- She also hosted a fundraiser called “Get Your Grape On!” for UNICEF on November 7, 2004.
- Sheryl participated in the 3rd Munchkin’s Project Pink annual breast cancer awareness campaign aimed at raising money for breast cancer research.
- Sheryl attended the iMatter March in 2011 held in Denver, Colorado that focused on raising awareness regarding the climate change.
- She has also supported a project called “Ride for Renewables”.
- Lee supported the “Wolves in the American West” campaign under the WildEarth Guardians organization in December 2011. The objective of this campaign was to protect the wolves.
- She was seen in the commercial for Oreo cookies in 1984.
Sheryl is not faithful to one religion and is attracted towards all.
Best Known For
Her role in the 1990 drama series “Twin Peaks” as Laura Palmer and Maddy Ferguson.
She was seen playing the role of Pink Chiquita in the 1987 comedy fiction called The Pink Chiquitas.
First TV Show
She made her debut in the TV industry in the 1990 drama series Twin Peaks and she played the role of Laura Palmer and Maddy Ferguson.
Sheryl Lee Facts
- Actor Lenny Von Dohlen gave her the nickname “Angel Face”.
- In 1995, she was awarded the Women in Film’s “Woman of the Year” award.
- In 2008, Sheryl was chosen as one of the “Top 50 Sexiest Vampires” by UGO.com for her role as vampire Katrina in the 1998 thriller film “Vampires”.
- Her role in the 1991 TV series “Love, Lies, and Murder” was chosen as “One of the strongest TV roles of the year” by People Magazine.
- In August 2011, she had attended the Twin Peaks Festival.
- She spent some time in a rehabilitation center for drug addicts for the preparation of her role in the 2011 thriller “Texas Killing Fields”.
- In 2014, it was revealed that she had a rare blood-related disease called Neutropenia.
- Sheryl also works as a teacher at UCLA School of Theater, Film, and Television.
- In 2008, she was nominated for the “World’s Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrities” list by PETA.
- Visit her official site @ belovednature.com.
- She is not on social media.
Featured Image by Alan Light / Flickr / CC BY 2.0