|Shiney Ahuja Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||May 15, 1973|
Shiney Ahuja is an Indian actor who broke into the Bollywood scene with a sensitive and outstanding performance in Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi (2005) bagging several best actor “debut” awards given for the year including the Filmfare Award. He has also appeared in numerous blockbusters such as Gangster (2006), Life in a Metro (2007), and Bhool Bhulaiyaa (2007).
Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Ahuja studied at several army schools across India, based on his father’s postings including some years at St. Xavier’s School, Ranchi. He got admission into Hansraj College, Delhi University, through the dramatics quota as a result of his love for theatre.
Then, he went to RV College of Engineering in Bengaluru and completed his engineering. While in college, he used to attend acting workshops held at the National School of Drama in New Delhi. Later, he joined Barry John’s Acting School in Delhi.
- Father – Col. Suraj Prakash Ahuja (Indian Army Officer)
- Mother – Seema Ahuja
- Siblings – He has an older sister.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Anupam Pandey – He is married to Anupam Pandey. They have a daughter named Arshiya (b. September 2007).
Race / Ethnicity
- Chiseled features
- Good looks
He has endorsed several brands such as –
Shiney Ahuja Favorite Things
- Hobbies – Cricket, Football, Volleyball, Poetry
- Pastime – Organizing mehfils
- Passion – Theatre, Sports
Shiney Ahuja Facts
- He is down-to-earth, shy, and an introvert by nature.
- He acquired his first commercial ad for Pepsi soon after graduating from college, which instantly brought him under the focus of the top ad agencies who flooded him with offers, as a result of which he ended up working in more than 40 ad films in that year.
- Director Sudhir Mishra was auditioning for the film Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi when he saw Ahuja in the Pepsi commercial and asked him to try out for the character of Sidharth Tyabji. Upon Ahuja’s request, Mishra also tested him for the role of Vikram Malhotra for which he got selected, from more than 200 contestants.
- Ahuja is also an excellent singer having received training in classical music.
- He had appeared in the shelved film Black Diamond which had been directed by Indrajit Lankesh, co-starred by Ileana D’cruz, Chitrashi Rawat, and shot in South Africa in 2007.
- In 2009, the news of Ahuja molesting his 18-year-old domestic servant made it to the headlines of all newspapers in the country giving his career a halt, 2 years after which he was sentenced to 7 years imprisonment. He had claimed that he was completely innocent and that he looked at his term in jail as his karmic destiny experiencing the world as a silent receiver of allegations and ridicule.
- Shiney made his comeback to the movies with the action-comedy Welcome Back (2015).
- He has disclosed that on the day of shooting for Welcome Back, he was struggling to face the camera when co-actor Anil Kapoor had lovingly jested with him that he was welcome back to the film fraternity, which had touched him and brought back in him the courage to give his best shot.
- He has stated that contrary to the character of Naseeruddin Shah‘s pothead son Honey that he plays in the movie Welcome Back, he is an army man’s son in real life and far from a spoilt brat.
- In August 2023, he was allowed to get his passport renewed for the next 10 years by the Bombay High Court. At that time, he was convicted of raping his maid, for which he was also given bail in 2011.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / BollywoodHungama.com / CC BY-SA 3.0