|Sibel Kekilli Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3¾ in|
|Date of Birth||June 16, 1980|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sibel Kekilli is a German actress who gained popularity by playing the role of Sibel Güner in the 2004 German-Turkish drama film Head-On. Her film credits also include various other projects such as Kebab Connection, Winter Journey, Fay Grim, The Last Train, Home Coming, Pihalla, When We Leave, What a Man, Die Männer der Emden, Deutschland ist… Heim, and Berlin, I Love You. In addition to that, Sibel Kekilli’s has been cast in many television shows in roles like Shae in the fantasy drama series Game of Thrones, Sarah Brandt in the police procedural series Tatort, Sibel in the children’s series Sesamstraße, Patientin in the comedy series Paare, and Madina Taburova/Zamira Hoxha in the crime drama series Bullets.
Delara, Dilara, Kim, Sybel
Heilbronn, West Germany
After completing her school education, Sibel got enrolled in a 30-month-long combined training program to earn certification for the public administration specialist post.
Actress, former p*rnographic actress
- Siblings – She has a fraternal twin sister.
Sibel Kekilli has been represented by –
- Wasted Management, Berlin, Germany
- Grantham – Hazeldine Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
Her net worth has been $3 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 3¾ in or 162 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She has Turkish ancestry.
- Prominent nose
- Elongated chin
35-23-33 in or 89-58.5-84 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
10 (US) or 7.5 (UK) or 40.5 (EU)
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Shae in the fantasy drama series, Game of Thrones
- Her critically acclaimed work in the German movies – Head-On (2004) and When We Leave (2010). She was awarded Lola Award (best actress award) for her work in both movies.
In 2004, Sibel made her film debut in the role of Sibel Güner in a German-Turkish drama movie, Head-On.
First TV Show
In 2010, Sibel made her first TV show appearance in the popular police drama series, Tatort.
While growing up, she wasn’t too enthusiastic about sports and working out. However, she later started taking interest in physical activity because as a young girl, she wanted to look good.
By the age of 18, she started going out for a run and swimming.
Later, she started doing TRX workouts, which is a suspension training system. It was suggested by her trainer to correct her back pain problem. Along with strengthening her back, it has also improved her arms and legs strength.
The trainer usually brings TRX bands to her home, however, if the weather is good, they take their workouts outdoors. Also, her trainer has incorporated a couple of free weight exercises and core work moves in her workout.
Although she hasn’t started dieting, she still has to watch what she is eating. For example, she has to cut back on her chocolate consumption. Earlier, she used to have wine with dinner and also enjoyed a pint of beer.
Sibel Kekilli Facts
- When she was due to win Golden Bear Award for her excellent debut in Heads-On, the German media managed to find out that she had appeared in p*rnographic videos in the past.
- Her p*rnographic past was so widely discussed by leading German publications that she had to use her award acceptance speech at Bambi Awards to lash out at the media. She especially called out Bild and Kölner Express for their media rape.
- She was discovered by the casting agent of Heads-On in a shopping mall in Cologne in 2002. Some reports claim that it was the movie’s director who had discovered her.
- After she was discovered, she was invited to the auditions in which she managed to beat other 350 competitors to bag the role.
- Before she was discovered, she held a number of miscellaneous jobs such as cleaner, bouncer, nightclub manager, waitress, and saleswoman.
- She is an active supporter of Terre de Femmes, which is a not-for-profit organization that works for women’s rights and equality and assists them in living an independent life.
- She brought to life the character of Esma in the 2006 Greek-Turkish drama film Home Coming (Turkish: Eve Dönüş).
- At an event in December 2006, she opened up about the physical and psychological abuse she had to suffer, which she insisted was normal in a Muslim family. Her scathing speech led to the Turkish consul general leaving the room.
- She starred as Umay in the 2010 German-Turkish drama film When We Leave (German: Die Fremde, Turkish: Ayrılık). For this role, she won the German Film Award for “Best Actress” as well as Tribeca Prize for “Best Actress”.
- In March 2015, she gave a powerful speech about the use of domestic violence in the name of family honor at the International Women’s Day event held at the President of Germany’s home.
- She caught Game of Thrones creator David Benioff’s eye with her performance in Head-On.
- Along with Krista Kosonen, Tommi Korpela, and Dragomir Mrsic, she co-starred as Madina Taburova (a Chechen-born terrorist who poses as “Zamira” a refugee, drug courier) in the Finnish 10-part television crime drama Bullets.