|Sidhu Moose Wala Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||June 11, 1993|
|Date of Death||May 29, 2022|
Sidhu Moose Wala was an Indian singer, rapper, songwriter, actor, and politician. He had released several hit tracks and albums such as So High, PBX 1, Moosetape, Jatt Da Muqabala, Dollar, Famous, B-Town, Dhakka (ft. Afsana Khan), Bambiha Bole (with Amrit Maan), Snitches Get Stitches, GOAT, 47, and Moosedrilla (with Divine).
Shubhdeep Singh Sidhu
Sidhu Moose Wala, 5911
Sidhu was born on June 11, 1993.
Sidhu died at the age of 28 on May 29, 2022, at Mansa, Punjab, India via a gunshot wound. Around 30 rounds of bullets were fired at him in Jawaharke village out of which he sustained at least 20 bullet wounds.
Moosa, Mansa, Punjab, India
Sidhu Moose Wala attended Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana, and graduated with a degree in Electrical Engineering in 2016.
He received training for music skills from Harvinder Bittu in Ludhiana.
Singer, Rapper, Songwriter, Actor, Politician
- Father – Balkaur Singh
- Mother – Charan Kaur
- Siblings – Gurpreet Sidhu (Brother)
Hip Hop, Gangsta Rap, Punjabi, R&B
5911 Records, T-Series, Humble
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sidhu has dated –
- Amandeep Kaur – Amandeep Kaur, who is a Canadian PR was engaged with Sidhu and they were set to get married in April 2022. The marriage was later rescheduled to November 2022 after he lost the Punjab Assembly elections. Their match was reportedly done in 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
Sidhu Moose Wala was of Punjabi descent.
- Sported a turban, beard, and mustache
- Had a tattoo on his right arm
Sidhu Moose Wala Facts
- He was in 6th standard when he started listening to hip-hop music.
- He had performed at the DAV College fest in Chandigarh, India.
- On October 18, 2018, Sidhu Moose Wala released his debut studio album PBX 1 via T-Series and it included songs like Jatt Da Muqabala, Badfella, Devil, Death Route, I’m Better Now, and Trend. The album peaked at #66 on the Canadian Albums (Billboard) chart as well as reached the top spot on iTunes and became the top Indian Pop album.
- His debut album won the “Best Album Award” at the 2019 Brit Asia TV Music Awards.
- Sidhu Moose Wala’s mother won the sarpanch election from Moosa village in December 2018.
- He had 2 pet dogs named Shera and Bagheera.
- His 2nd studio album titled Snitches Get Stitches was released on May 9, 2020.
- He was surrounded by criticism and controversy after he released the single titled Panjab in December 2020 in which he glorified Khalistani separatist Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale and the song also included visuals from a speech made by Khalistani supporter Bharpur Singh Balbir in the late 1980s.
- His 3rd studio album Moosetape was released on May 15, 2021, and it features guest appearances from Bohemia, Tion Wayne, Stefflon Don, Morrisson, Divine, Raja Kumari, Blockboi Twitch, and Sikander Kahlon.
- The album Moosetape included songs like Me and My Girlfriend, GOAT, Moosedrilla (ft. Divine), Burberry, Signed to God, Aroma, Invincible (ft. Stefflon Don), and Built Different. The album peaked at #33 on the New Zealand Albums (RMNZ) chart. The album also became his longest album.
- One of his musical influences had been the late American rapper, Tupac Shakur.
- In his song Sanju, Sidhu Moose Wala had compared the charges filed against him with Sanjay Dutt.
- In August 2020, he had officially launched his own record label, 5911 Records.
- He also owned a film production company Jatt Life Studios and had appeared in numerous films.
- On December 3, 2021, he joined the Indian National Congress (INC) for the 2022 Punjab Legislative Assembly election which he lost to Aam Aadmi Party’s Vijay Singla with 63,323 votes.
- Sidhu Moose Wala was often criticized for promoting gun culture in his songs. Sports shooter Avneet Sidhu had also criticized him for the same.
- He was given security which was partially withdrawn on May 28, 2022, by then Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann. Just a day after, on May 29, 2022, he was shot dead.
- He was given 4 commandos for his security out of which 2 were withdrawn by the Punjab government a day before his death. When he was shot dead, he didn’t take with him those 2 commandos.
- Sidhu also had a private bulletproof Toyota Fortuner car which he didn’t take with him on Sunday, May 29, 2022, the day he was shot dead. Sidhu was driving Mahindra Thar at the time of his demise along with his 2 friends Gurwinder Singh and Gurpreet Singh.
- Lawrence Bishnoi gang member Lucky from Canada had taken the responsibility for his death. Even Bishnoi’s Canada-based associate Goldy Brar also took responsibility for the attack.
- Sidhu Moose Wala’s father was following him in another car (along with 2 security guards) after getting to know that his son Sidhu had left the home without 2 armed personnel.
- Sidhu Moose Wala was cremated on May 31, 2022, in his agricultural field instead of the cremation ground of the village Moosa, Mansa. His body was carried there in his favorite tractor.
- Sidhu was dressed as a groom by his parents for his last rites. He was dressed so because of a ritual that is followed in Punjab after a young unmarried man dies.
- In June 2022, Sidhu’s last posthumously released song SYL was removed by YouTube. It stands for the Sutlej Yamuna Link canal and was about the water issue. The song was removed after a legal complaint by the government.
- In July 2022, a gangster named Ankit Sersa, who is a sharpshooter, was arrested by Delhi Police who was believed to have been involved in the murder of Sidhu Moose Wala.
- Sidhu was 3rd most googled Asian celebrity as per Google’s Mid-Year Search 2022 list released in July 2022.
- In July 2022, Sidhu’s father Balkaur Singh got a tattoo of his son’s face on his forearm with the message ‘Sarwan Putt’ inscribed in the Gurmukhi script in black ink.
- In August 2022, Candian rapper Drake launched a Sidhu Moose Wala tee in memory of Sidhu. The funds generated from the sale of the t-shirts were sent to the family of Sidhu in order to give them the final authority on where to donate the funds.
- In September 2022, Sidhu’s father Balkaur Singh filed a complaint as he had received death threats and in return, money was demanded from him. That person further wanted Balkaur Singh to stop speaking against gangsters Lawrence Bishnoi and Goldy Brar.
Featured Image by Roop69 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0