|Simon Helberg Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||December 9, 1980|
Simon Helberg is an American actor, comedian, and musician who is best known for portraying roles such as Howard Wolowitz in The Big Bang Theory, Cosmé McMoon in Florence Foster Jenkins, and Simon in Derek and Simon. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as A Cinderella Story, For Your Consideration, Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story, We’ll Never Have Paris, As They Made Us, Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, Less than Perfect, Arrested Development, Unscripted, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Comedy Bang! Bang!, and many more. His theatre credits include plays like God of Carnage, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying (musical), and A Midsummer Night’s Dream. For his acting skills, he has been honored with several awards such as the Critics’ Choice Television Award.
Simon Maxwell Helberg
Born Place / Residence
Los Angeles, California, United States
Simon Helberg studied middle and high school at the Crossroads School in Santa Monica, California.
He completed his studies at the Tisch School of the Arts, New York University. He trained at the Atlantic Theater Company while at NYU.
- Father – Sandy Helberg (Actor)
- Mother – Harriet B. Helberg (Casting Director)
- Siblings – Mason Helberg (Brother)
- Others – Sam Helberg (Paternal Grandfather), Tonia Helberg (Paternal Grandmother)
Brillstein Entertainment Partners
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
70 kg or 154 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Simon Helberg dated –
- Jocelyn Towne (2007-Present) – Simon Helberg dated actor and screenwriter Robert Towne’s niece Jocelyn Towne (an actress and director). The couple got married on July 15, 2007, and have two kids. Their daughter Adeline Helberg was born on May 8, 2012, and son Wilder Towne Helberg was born on April 23, 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Russian Jewish and Polish Jewish ancestry.
- Voice imitations of many actors
- Comic timing
- Versatile nature
Simon has appeared in TV commercials for –
- Target stores during Christmas 2002
- Sprite (2010)
- Dominos Pizza 555 deal
- Ford Fusion 2017 with The Big Bang Theory cast.
Best Known For
Playing Howard Wolowitz in CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory.
Simon made his film debut in 1999 dramedy film Mumford playing the role of a college roommate.
First TV Show
In 2001, he guest appeared in The WB’s comedy series Popular as Gus Latrine.
Simon’s workout routine and diet plan aren’t known. But, he stopped drinking and smoking after realizing its bad impacts on health.
Simon Helberg Favorite Things
- TV Series – Game of Thrones, Real Housewives
- Celebrity – Howard Stern
- Bands – The Beatles
Source – CBS, AdWeek
Simon Helberg Facts
- Jason Ritter was Simon’s classmate at Crossroads School and later roommate at the New York University.
- Simon first began acting in 1999. Initially, he took guest roles and small parts and was mainly known as an able sketch comedian before he proved his acting mettle with The Big Bang Theory.
- In the early 2000s, he paired with comedian Derek Waters to form the sketch comedy duo, Derek & Simon.
- He has a black belt in Karate.
- Simon is known for his voice imitations of Nicolas Cage and Al Pacino.
- Simon is a professional pianist.
- When he wanted to marry actress Jocelyn Towne, he dumped her. But, later married her in July 2007.