|Simrat Kaur Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||July 16, 1997|
Simrat Kaur is an Indian actress who came into prominence after making her acting debut in the Telugu romantic drama film Prematho Mee Karthik (2017). She gained further popularity by appearing in several other movies including the Hindi language feature Soni (2018). She has accumulated more than 750k followers on Instagram.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Sharp features
- Thick eyebrows
Simrat Kaur Favorite Things
- Holiday Destination – Maldives
Source – Instagram
Simrat Kaur Facts
- She was born in a Punjabi family.
- Simrat has affirmed that she had enjoyed portraying the role of Jasmine in the movie Dirty Hari (2020) who has a confident and bold disposition. She had, on the contrary, essayed a very homely girl in her first film and the complete opposite role in the film had been challenging to her, particularly because of the negative shades in it.
- After completing her debut films, she had considered quitting movies as her studies were getting hampered. Also, she was not satisfied with the offers she was getting. However, producer, writer, and director M. S. Raju approached her family and they all discussed the matter professionally, ending up reigniting her passion for acting.
- She has disclosed that in real life, she has been shy and tomboyish by nature.
- She has recalled that when the director of the film Dirty Hari, M. S. Raju, had informed that she would have to do sensual scenes, she had got apprehensive. He had suggested she forgot herself and get into the skin of the character of liberal Jasmine. There used to be 70 to 80 people on set who would get curious during the making of those scenes, which would, in turn, make her feel uncomfortable. That had made her request Raju to ensure having only the people required to be present there, who had also played songs to help her relax and get into the mood of the scene.
- Simrat has been grateful to her mother for having guided her regarding controversial scenes, having told her to never think about what others may say, but instead, to take her profession as a religion and always put in her best efforts.
- Simrat has confessed that after her movie Parichayam, she had thought of not doing acting anymore. She was doing graduation when she had left it mid-way to do the feature and when it did not do very well, she got stooped in a dilemma. She has always tended to be emotional. Her family had backed her up and advised her to not give up. It was at that time that MS Raju had appeared and offered her the part in Dirty Hari.
- Simrat has revealed that as an actor, she has been open to essaying any character, provided it has depth and is relatable. She has also looked for strong scripts with good content. She has been happy that a lot of stress is being given for films to have a good storyline. Simrat has added that she would love to do a sports-based drama as she has been a gold medalist in Karate, having taken part in numerous Karate championships at the national level.
Featured Image by Simrat Kaur / Instagram