|Singer Zaz Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||May 1, 1980|
Zaz is a French singer and songwriter who has gained popularity with her single titled Je veux. During the course of her career, she has released multiple tracks and albums such as Zaz, Paris, Recto Verso, Effet miroir, Isa, Le long de la route, Si, Éblouie par la nuit, La fée, Sous le ciel de Paris, On ira, Cette journée, Paris sera toujours Paris, Tous les cris les S.O.S., Demain c’est toi, On s’en remet jamais, Gamine, Nos vies, Champs Élysées, Qué vendrá, Si jamais j’oublie, and Comme ci, comme ça.
Tours, Indre-et-Loire, Centre, France
Zaz started her education at the age of five at Conservatoire de Tours studying music theory along with learning to play piano, guitar, and violin until the age of eleven.
She then moved to Bordeaux and took singing lessons.
Her stellar talent helped her win a regional council scholarship, which in turn got her admission to the Centre for Musical Activities and Information (CIAM), a Bordeaux-based school of modern music. She studied there for five years.
- Father – He used to work in an electric company.
- Mother – She was a Spanish language teacher.
- Siblings – She has a brother and a sister.
Caramba Spectacles represents Zaz.
Vocal, piano, guitar, violin
Play On, Sony Music Entertainment
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm (Approx)
52 kg or 115 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of French origin.
- Blue eyes
- Gapped tooth
- Simple and bohemian style sense
34-26-34 in or 86-66-86 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
Best Known For
- The monumental success of her debut single, Je veux
- Her straightforward and grounded lifestyle
She released her debut album ZAZ in May 2010 which reached #1 on Belgium, Poland, and French music charts. It was certified ‘3× Platinum’ in Belgium and ‘2× Platinum’ in Poland, Germany, and Switzerland.
First TV Show
Zaz made her first TV show appearance in Queens of Pop as herself (Interviewee) in a 2011 episode.
Isabelle Geffroy relies on Kung Fu to keep her body in tip-top shape. She started learning Kung Fu at the age of 15 and since then, has been regular when it comes to martial arts training sessions.
In her interview, she revealed that Kung Fu has become a philosophy of her life and has infused her with mental energy that has improved her mental flexibility. She believes that it teaches patience as it is a form of dance, she is a game for it.
Zaz Favorite Things
- French Chanson Singers – Gainsbourg, Nougaro, Brassens, Ferré, Michèle Arnaud, Carmen Maria Vega
Source – Idnes.cz
- After completing her studies at CIAM, Zaz joined a French Basque country group, Izar-Adatz, which had a large orchestra and performed all over southwest France in rural dance events.
- Zaz also performed with a music band known as Don Diego, which specialized in Spanish-African music with elements of Aragones and Andalusian rhythms, funk, Cuban music, and jazz.
- Isabelle started working with cabaret groups and even performed individually on the streets after finding work with bands and groups unfulfilling.
- She got her big break after responding to an Internet ad from music producer and songwriter, Kerredine Soltani. The ad was titled “Seeking a hoarse voice a little ruined.”
- Kerredine Soltani not only produced her debut album but also composed and wrote her groundbreaking hit, Je veux.
- Her hit song, Eblouie Par La Nuit was featured in the noir crime thriller movie, Dead Man Down (2013).
- In 2011, she joined a musical ensemble Les Enfoirés that every year hosts a charity concert for the Restaurants du Cœu.
- Zaz has founded Zazimut, which aims to support and promote projects that recognize minority groups from all walks of life.
- On May 13, 2013, her 2nd studio album titled Recto Verso was released and it included songs like T’attends quoi, J’ai tant escamoté, Gamine, Oublie Loulou, Si, La lune, Nous debout, Déterre, and Comme ci, comme ça. The album peaked at number #1 on the Swiss Albums (Schweizer Hitparade) chart, at number #2 on both the German Albums (Offizielle Top 100) chart and French Albums (SNEP) chart, and at number #16 on the Canadian Albums (Billboard) chart.
- Her 3rd studio album Paris was released on November 10, 2014, and it consists of tracks like La Romance de Paris (ft. Thomas Dutronc), I Love Paris – J’aime Paris (ft. Nikki Yanofsky), Paris sera toujours Paris, La Parisienne, Sous le ciel de Paris, Les Champs-Élysées, J’aime Paris au mois de Mai (ft. Charles Aznavour), and Paris, l’après-midi.
- Visit her official website @ zazofficial.com.