|Snoh Aalegra Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 13, 1987|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Snoh Aalegra is a Swedish singer and songwriter who has published the solo studio albums Feels (October 2017), Ugh, Those Feels Again (August 2019), and Temporary Highs in the Violet Skies (July 2021). The last 2 of those albums had both peaked within the ‘Top 10’ of the US R&B charts. Songs titled I Want You Around and Whoa from the album Ugh, Those Feels Again had peaked at number 1 and 2, respectively, on the US Adult R&B charts. She has also released EPs titled There Will Be Sunshine (November 2014) and Don’t Explain (April 2016). Much earlier in her musical career, under the stage name Sheri, she had released a few singles in 2009 and an album titled First Sign (April 2010). A 2009 song of hers called U Got Me Good had reached the 2nd position on Sverigetopplistan, the Swedish national record chart.
Snoh Aalegra, Sheri
Uppsala, Uppland, Sweden
Los Angeles, California, United States
- Father – Her father was a mathematics and science teacher.
- Siblings – She has a younger sister.
R&B, Soul, Hip Hop
- ARTium Recordings
- Roc Nation, LLC
- Sony Music Sweden
- Universal Music Group
- Epic Records
- Universal Music Sweden
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Snoh has dated –
- Michael B. Jordan (2019) – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Persian descent.
- Lanky frame
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Gleaming face
Snoh Aalegra Facts
- Born in Uppsala, Sweden, Snoh Aalegra had grown up in the nearby town of Enköping where she had moved to with her mother after the divorce of her parents. They had eventually settled in the capital city of Stockholm.
- She had first developed an interest in music at the age of 7 after she was enamored by the soundtrack of the 1992 American romantic thriller film The Bodyguard. She was also influenced by the background score and musical arrangement of several other films and had started writing her own music by the time she had turned 9 years old.
- In 2001, aged just 13, she had been signed up by Sony Music Sweden, on an artist development deal. She would, however, part ways with the record label without releasing any music throughout the term of the deal. She would eventually kick off her musical career a few years later, in 2009, under the mononym Sheri.
- In July 2014, she had debuted her new stage name, Snoh Aalegra, and had been featured in a song called Hustle Harder which was a part of rapper Common‘s 10th studio album titled Nobody’s Smiling. Later that year, the legendary musician Prince had discovered her music and had taken her under his wing. He went on to mentor her until his untimely death in April 2016.
- In a February 2015 interview, she had revealed that she had changed her legal name to Snoh Nowrozi from Shahrzad Fooladi. She had also mentioned that she had replaced Nowrozi with Aalegra in her stage name as the word ‘Allegra’ means ‘Joyful’ in Italian.
- A polyglot, she is fluent in Persian, Swedish, and English.
Featured Image by Snoh Aalegra / Instagram