|Song Kang-ho Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10¾ in|
|Date of Birth||January 17, 1967|
Song Kang-ho is a South Korean actor who gained worldwide recognition after his outstanding performance in the movie Snowpiercer (2013). He attained further popularity after appearing in numerous films including Parasite (2019) which received the “Palme d’Or” title at the Cannes Film Festival as well as the Academy Award for “Best Picture”. His work has been critically acclaimed in several movies such as No. 3 (1997), Joint Security Area (2000), The Host (2006) and A Taxi Driver (2017).
Busan, South Korea
He attended Gimhae High School. He then went to Busan Kyungsang College and graduated with a degree in broadcasting.
5 ft 10¾ in or 180 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Hwang Jang-suk (1995-Present) – He tied the knot with Hwang Jang-suk in 1995. They have a son named Song Jun-pyoung (b. 1996) and a daughter named Ju-yeon.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of South Korean descent.
He often tends to dye his hair ‘dark brown’.
Song Kang-ho Favorite Things
- Fan Of – Chris Evans
- Exciting And Inspiring Experience – To work with Hollywood stars Tilda Swinton and John Hurt for the film Snowpiercer
Source – Collider
Song Kang-ho Facts
- He had dreamt of becoming an actor since he was in the 8th grade.
- He had never professionally trained as an actor and he kickstarted his career by performing with social theater groups soon after passing out of high school.
- His consistent and commendable work has established him as a South Korean “everyman”.
- While shooting for Snowpiercer, he was very impressed after seeing that everything was already thought out, planned, and kept ready in the Hollywood production system, much earlier than the filming was started. He was amazed by this as in Korea things are figured out and prepared on the spot and during the shooting.
Featured Image by wasabcon / Tistory / CC BY-2.0