|Song Kyunga Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10.5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 3, 1980|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Song Kyunga is a South Korean model, TV personality, and fashion designer. She is best known as one of the 1st globally recognized Asian models in the late 1990s. Furthermore, at the time, Song was chosen as one of the top 10 rising stars in the world by models.com, a leading United States-based ranking website for models.
Song Kyung-Ah (Korean: 송경아)
Seoul, South Korea
In 1999, Song enrolled in university and was majoring in broadcasting and entertainment while working as a full-time model.
Model, Fashion Designer, TV Personality
- Siblings – She has an older sister and an older brother.
Song Kyunga is represented by –
- Esteem Models Agency (Talent Agent) in Seoul, South Korea
- 1 Model Management (Talent Agent) in New York City, New York, United States
5 ft 10.5 in or 179 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Song Kyunga married her 1st boyfriend after 10 years of dating. They have a daughter born on September 19, 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
She has also dyed her hair ‘Black’ in the past.
- Tall height
- Lanky physique
Song Kyunga has endorsed brands such as –
- MAC Cosmetics
- Stitchichi and Klampe
- Claudine Korea
- PLATFORM PLACE
- Vivienne Westwood
- OFFICE Shoes
Song Kyunga Favorite Things
- Activities – Shopping, Drawing, Painting, Traveling, Doing Pedicure, Collecting Barbie Dolls, Skiing
- Foods – Kalbi, Rice Cakes, Sausage Pizza, Gnocchi, Muffins Baked With Almonds and Eggs, Apple Pie
- Fashion Designers – Gucci, Helmut Lang, Marc Jacobs
- Photographers – Michael Thompson, Steven Meisel
Song Kyunga Facts
- She grew tall in middle school. She would walk around hunched over because she hated hearing the phrase “you’re so tall!” from people.
- Song was discovered on the street by a South Korean fashion designer named Il.
- To correct her hunched posture, her mom sent her to a modeling academy.
- At the age of 20, she used an old Louis Vuitton bag to add characters from the Snoopy comics and experiment with bag design.
- Song made her modeling debut in 1997, while still in high school. Her sister did her eyebrows for the ID picture.
- Because modeling was a short-term career in South Korea at the time of her debut, she started learning English as a fail-safe.
- Her English skills came in handy in 2004. She heard that a New York-based fashion house Bill Blass was looking for models of Asian ancestry. On her 1st day in the city, Song went to 10 brand interviews.
- In her 1st year as a model in New York, she appeared in 36 fashion shows.
- Song kept a diary about her day-to-day activities, which she later published to inspire up-and-coming Korean models.
- She always had a penchant for drawing and painting, and later earned ceramic making. This led to several exhibitions of her work.
- She stated there is a slight discrepancy between her real and officially listed height of 5 ft 10.5 in or 179 cm, but not what it was.
- One of her long-time friends is a fellow model Han Hye-jin.
- Song received the “Best Model Award” from the Fashion Photographers Association in 2001, Model Center in 2002, and The 2nd Korean Models Association in 2006.
- Harper’s Bazaar Korea named her “Model of the Year” in 2002.
- She launched a collection of bags and scarves named 1st Rumor in 2014. At a later date, she launched a 2nd collection simply titled 2nd Rumor.
- During an episode of the TV series Running Man in January 2014, she stated that in her opinion, singer Kim Jong-kook talks too much and is timid.
- She was the 1st model of Korean descent to appear in photoshoots published in Vogue Italia, London Times, Numero, Flaunt, and Cosmopolitan USA.
Featured Image by Song Kyunga / Instagram