|Shannon Tweed Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||March 10, 1957|
Shannon Tweed is a Canadian actress, model, reality star, voice-over actress, and narrator who is prominently known for her portrayal in the genre of the erotic thriller. She is also known for her appearance alongside her family in the Gene Simmons Family Jewels show from 2006 to 2012. The beautiful actress who has been in the industry for more than 2 decades has appeared in a number of hit films including Of Unknown Origin (1983), Hot Dog…The Movie (1984), Indecent Behavior (1993), Detroit Rock City (1999), Possessed by the Night (1994), Scorned (1994), Indecent Behavior 3 (1995), Victim of Desire (1995), and Human Desires (1997).
Her acting credits also include a number of hit TV show appearances such as Falcon Crest (1982-1983), Days of Our Lives (1985-1986), 1st & Ten: The Championship (1989-1991), and the Gene Simmons Family Jewels (2006-2012). On the other hand, Shannon was also chosen as the Playmate of the Month (1981) and then she was crowned as the Playmate of the Year in 1982. Aside from that, Shannon has amassed more than 150k followers on Facebook, more than 400k followers on Twitter, and more than 200k followers on Instagram.
Shannon Lee Tweed
Placentia, Newfoundland, Canada
Los Angeles, California, United States
Shannon studied at the Mount Royal Collegiate in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Actress, Model, Reality Star, Voice-Over Actress, and Narrator
- Father – Donald Keith Tweed (Mink Rancher)
- Mother – Louise Tweed
- Siblings – Tracy Tweed (Younger Sister) (Actress), Kim Tweed (Sister), Lance Tweed (Brother), Tarry Tweed (Brother), Jeff Tweed (Brother), Sara Tweed (Sister)
- Others – Peter Abraham Wall (Maternal Grandfather), Peter Wall (Maternal Great Grandfather), Gertruda Wall(Maternal Great Grandmother), Sarah Letkeman (Maternal Grandmother), Johann Letkeman (Maternal Great Grandfather), Eliesabeth (Maternal Great Grandmother)
Shannon is represented by The Characters Talent Agency.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shannon has dated –
- Ron Foxx (1976-1980) – Shannon is said to have been in a relationship with former Birmingham Americans footballer Ron Foxx from 1976 to 1980. However, there is no concrete evidence on how they met and why they split.
- Hugh Marston Hefner (1982-1983) – Shannon was one of the many beautiful women who dated the founder of the Playboy magazine Hugh Marston Hefner, while she lived at the mansion for little over a year in 1982. However, the then “Playboy Playmate of the Year” sought comfort in the sight of the legendary Gene Simmons and broke ties with Hefner in 1983.
- Gene Simmons (1983-Present) – Israeli-American musician, actor, singer, and television personality Gene Simmons met Shannon for the first time at the Playboy mansion in 1983, while she was dating Hugh Hefner. The couple instantly fell head-over-heels for one another and went on to date. They dated for an astonishing 28 years before finally getting married on October 1, 2011, at The Beverly Hills Hotel in Sunset Blvd. Their marriage and proposal were featured on the Gene Simmons Family Jewels show. Besides that, Gene also once stated that he needed Shannon in his life, “Not just because of love and family but because she holds me accountable.” Shannon gave birth to her first child a son, they named, Nicholas Adam Tweed-Simmons (b. January 22, 1989) and a girl named Sophie Alexandra Tweed-Simmons (b. July 7, 1992).
Race / Ethnicity
Shannon has German ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Voluptuous-buxom figure
- Beautiful eyes
- Plump lower lip
- Triangular face shape
Best Known For
- Being titled as the “Playmate of the Month” for the month of November 1981
- Being chosen as the “Playboy Playmate of the Year” in 1982
- Her important portrayal of more than 2 dozen characters including Meg Hughes in Of Unknown Origin (1983), Sylvia Fonda in Hot Dog…The Movie (1984), Dr. Rebecca Mathis in Indecent Behavior (1993) and Indecent Behavior 3 (1995), Amanda Finch in Detroit Rock City (1999), Carol McKay in Possessed by the Night (1994), Patricia Langley Amanda Chessfield in Scorned (1994), Carla Duvall in Victim of Desire (1995), and Alicia Royale in Human Desires (1997)
- Starring in many hit shows such as in Falcon Crest (1982-1983) as Diana Hunter, Days of Our Lives (1985-1986) as Savannah Wilder, 1st & Ten: The Championship (1989-1991) as Kristy Fullbright
- Appearing alongside Nick Simmons, Sophie Simmons, and her husband Gene on the Gene Simmons Family Jewels (2006-2012)
- For her appearance in various erotic thriller films
- Being featured on the cover of various magazines including Playboy and Orange Coast
- Working alongside various well-known stars like Hulk Hogan, Carl Weathers, Amy Lindsey, Cary Elwes, Elaine Hendrix, Christopher Lloyd, and Mary Steenburgen
She made her debut theatrical film appearance in the role of a “Body double” in Curtains in 1983. However, her role was uncredited.
Shannon made her first theatrical film appearance as Meg Hughes in director George P. Cosmatos Canadian-American horror film Of Unknown Origin in 1983. She was featured alongside actor Peter Weller, Jennifer Dale, Lawrence Dane, Kenneth Welsh, and Louis Del Grande.
First TV Show
Shannon made her debut TV show appearance as Diana Hunter in Falcon Crest in 1982. She appeared alongside various well-known actors like Ana Alicia, Jane Wyman, Lorenzo Lamas, David Selby, and Abby Dalton.
In an interview with IGN For Men, Shannon stated that she had been practicing kickboxing since 1992. Later, she went on to train even harder for her films Assault on Devil’s Island (1997) and Assault on Death Mountain (1999). She also told them that she was very fond of doing aerobics. However, after the birth of her children, Shannon needed an effective and quick cardio-intensive exercise to drop at least 60 lbs or 27 kgs. That is when she discovered kickboxing.
In order to maintain her lustrous hair, Shannon does not use any kind of additional hair products besides shampoo and conditioner. Nevertheless, she uses a roller and an iron to get those perfect curls. She uses them right after her hair is dry but still moist.
As for her makeup, she only uses products from drugstore.com.
Shannon Tweed Favorite Things
- FunnyMan – Gene Wilder
- Thing To Do – Apply makeup
- Word – Yes
- Sound – Laughter
- Song – Doris Day‘s Que Sera Sera (1956)
- Movie – Sophie’s Choice (1982)
- Book – Sophie’s Choice (1979)
Source – Facebook, SeaAndBeScene.com
Shannon Tweed Facts
- Her father Donald Keith Tweed was a mink rancher. Hence, she was brought up on a mink ranch brought up in Markland.
- Shannon is one of 7 siblings. Her younger sister Tracy Tweed is also a well-noted actress.
- In the past, her father met with a car accident. Due to that, he went into a deep coma. Thereafter, Shannon and her whole family decided to stay under one roof and moved into their mother’s place.
- She attained 3rd place at the Miss Ottawa Pageant in 1978. During that time, she worked as a waitress at a bar and mostly served Bloody Marys and beers.
- It was the reality TV series Thrill of a Lifetime that got her the chance to pose for the Playboy magazine. Prior to that, she had been rejected by Playboy thrice.
- She was chosen as the “Playmate of the Month” and featured on the centerfold of the Playboy magazine in November 1981. Later, in 1982, Shannon was chosen as the “Playmate of the Year.” This was the highlight of her career.
- In the past, she and her sister Tracy who is also an actress appeared in a Playboy spread together.
- Shannon told IGN in June 2012, that, she enjoyed going to the strip club Chippendales during the ’80s.
- She stayed at the Playboy Mansion for 14 months from 1982 to 1983.
- Shannon studied nursing in the past.
- On May 25, 2004, Shannon’s autobiography Kiss and Tell was published.
- She was part of the Gene Simmons Family Jewels family show that featured Gene Simmons himself along with their children Nick and Sophie. The show aired from 2006 to 2012, during which, it became the second-highest-rated show on A&E, losing out to Dog the Bounty Hunter (2006-2012). During one of the episodes, Shannon can be seen offering a frozen embryo of hers to her sister Tracy as she had reportedly shown an interest in adoption.
- In the year 2010, Shannon was entitled with an honorary street sign, “Tweed Lane” in Saskatoon.
- She narrated the reality series Ex-Wives of Rock in 2013.
- On April 1, 2014, a game titled Shannon Tweed’s Attack Of The Groupies was released by Stream. Its lead character features her voice and resemblance. It is also based on her experience on dealing with her husband Gene Simmons fans.
- Over the years Shannon who is considered to be one of the most beautiful women in the world has been featured on the cover of many magazines such as Playboy‘s 1987 Book Of Lingerie as well as in several editions of Playboy and Signore.
- She was 20 years old when she had breast enhancement surgery done.
- Shannon’s go-to wear colors are black, red, and blue.
- She is obsessed with helping animals.
- Shannon is not very fond of perfumes.
- She is good friends with Erin Stanley.
- Shannon loved to binge on sweet things in the past.
- She prefers coffee to tea and actor George Clooney to Brad Pitt.
- Shannon is a morning person.
- She has nicknamed her husband Gene Simmons as “Dudley Do-right”.
- Her daughter was named her favorite movie and book “Sophie’s Choice.”
- She wanted her son to be named Nick.
- If she were to pick two actors to play her and Gene Simmons in a biographical film it would be Mamie Gummer and Russell Brand.
- Shannon has 4 dogs, three of which are named George, Flora, and Snippy. She is particularly fond of Flora and also calls her “Monkey.”
- In March 2021, she and Gene Simmons purchased a Malibu-based 3,700-square-foot mountaintop house for $5.8 million.
Featured Image By ShannonLeeTweedSimmons / Instagram