|Sonya Deville Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||September 24, 1993|
Sonya Deville is an American professional wrestler known for her successful wrestling career. She is a member of the wrestling trio, Absolution and is represented by WWE Inc. She has a mild social media fan base with more than 400k followers on Instagram and more than 200k followers on Twitter.
Sonya Deville, The Jersey Devil
Shamong Township, New Jersey, United States
Orlando, Florida, United States
Sonya Deville went to the Seneca High School. She eventually completed her school education from the same institution.
Professional Wrestler, Judoka, Mixed Martial Artist
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – She has 2 sisters.
- Others – Andrew G. Berenato (Paternal Grandfather), Dorothy Ruberton (Paternal Grandmother)
Sonya Deville is signed up with WWE Inc.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sonya Deville has dated –
- Mandy Rose – Sonya Deville has been often linked with fellow wrestler Mandy Rose. They live together and often post pictures of them hanging out together on their respective social media accounts. However, there hasn’t been any proof that Mandy has any sexual interest in women.
- Christina Heath (2015) – In 2015, Sonya was first linked with WBFF Bikini Diva Pro, Christina Heath. Sonya had publicly congratulated her girlfriend in July 2015 regarding her jiu-jitsu tournament. They had broken up sometime later in the year.
- Zahra Schreiber (2016-Present) – In 2016, she started dating model Zahra Schreiber. They publicly revealed about their relationship in the summer of 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Italian ancestry.
- Ripped figure
- High cheekbones
- Heavy jawline
Sonya Deville hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
She hasn’t spoken about her religious views publicly.
Best Known For
- Being a member of the wrestling trio, Absolution, which apart from Sonya also includes Paige and Mandy Rose.
- Her high-profile wrestling career with the most popular wrestling promotion, WWE.
First WWE Match
In December 2015, she made her in-ring debut in a match against Nia Jax at the NXT live event.
First MMA Match
In March 2015, she made her MMA debut in a match against Jasmine Pouncy at the University of MMA. She lost the match via a unanimous decision.
In 2013, she made her theatrical film debut in a lead role in the crime drama movie, The Honour.
First TV Show
In 2012, Sonya Deville made her first TV show appearance in Tattoo Nightmares.
Sonya Deville regularly works out at the WWE Performance Center under the watchful eyes of Sean Hayes. Sean focuses on improving her core strength and lower body strength. Apart from getting her to do the big traditional lifts such as squats and deadlifts, Hayes has included functional training exercises in her workout.
They use props such as suspension bands and resistance bands for her workout. They also use sleds to add more value to the workout.
Sonya Deville Favorite Things
Her favorite things aren’t known.
Sonya Deville Facts
- In June 2015, she managed to reach the finals of the 6th season of Tough Enough, a WWE competition. However, she was the 3rd competitor to be eliminated from the event.
- In October 2015, she was signed up by WWE and was assigned to the developmental division, NXT of the promotion.
- She started using her popular ring name Sonya Deville in May 2017. Her first match with the new ring name was a battle royal for NXT Women’s Championship.
- She has served as a co-presenter of the popular YouTube show, UFC AfterBuzz.
- She is very open about her sexual orientation, which has made her the first openly lesbian WWE performer.
- Sonya has been trained by Lita, Booker T, and Billy Gunn.
- She started taking MMA and fighting training at the age of 17. However, when she had first turned up for MMA training, her trainer believed that being a girl, she won’t be able to last in his classes.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Sonya Deville / Instagram