|Sophie Austin Quick Info
|5 ft 6 in
|Date of Birth
|January 5, 1984
Sophie Austin is an English actress who is best known for portraying roles like Lindsey Butterfield in Hollyoaks, Judith in Tina and Bobby, and Marjory Chivvers in Call the Midwife. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Doctors, Casualty, Moving On, EastEnders, Misfits, The Demon Within, Partygirl, and many more.
London, England, United Kingdom
Sophie divides her time between London and Manchester.
Sophie Austin is represented by Williamson & Holmes Talent Agency.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
67 kg or 148 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sophie Austin has dated
- Graeme Rooney (2015-2016) – Sophie got married to Scottish actor Graeme Rooney in July 2015 at the quaint Holy Trinity Church in her hometown of Takeley in Essex. They had been engaged for quite a while. Graeme had proposed with an Edwardian daisy ring and he had spent months trying to track it down. Years earlier, she had told one of her friends that it was her dream ring. However, their marriage didn’t last beyond 9 months. First, on March 20, she posted a cryptic tweet hinting at separation. In the same month, she told Daily Star that she and her husband had separated a little while ago. They had been together for about 6 years.
- Shayne Ward (2016-Present) – Austin was reported to be in a relationship with Shayne Ward just a month after she confirmed her separation from Graeme Rooney. It was reported that they had been introduced by mutual friends and known each other for quite a long time. When she was going through separation, she turned to him for support. Shortly after they grew close and realized that they had feelings for each other. By the end of April, they were attending a series of public events together including a charity ball in Manchester. In December 2016, she gave birth to a daughter, Willow May Ward. The couple announced their engagement in December 2017. In January 2022, it was revealed that they were expecting their 2nd child together. They welcomed a son named Reign Thomas on June 11, 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
- Curvaceous figure
- Green eyes
38-30-38 in or 96.5-76-96.5 cm
12 (US) or 44 (EU) or 16 (UK)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
Best Known For
- Having played the role of Lindsey Butterfield in the Channel 4 soap opera, Hollyoaks.
- Having joined the cast of the popular drama TV series, Call the Midwife in the 7th season of the show.
In 2000, she made her theatrical film debut in a minor role in the French language drama movie, Paria.
First TV Show
In 2011, Sophie made her first TV show appearance in the popular BBC One soap opera, EastEnders. She was seen in 2 episodes.
Sophie Austin Facts
- While studying in school, she was badly bullied because her father was in the same-s*x relationship. In fact, she was picked on so badly and so often that she had to leave her first secondary school.
Featured Image by Sarah Winterman / Flickr / CC BY 2.0