|Stephanie Rice Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¼ in|
|Date of Birth||June 17, 1988|
Stephanie Rice is a former swimmer from Australia. She retired from the competitive swimming in April 2014. While active, she was expert in the medley, freestyle, and butterfly strokes. She trained at the St Peters Western club under the guidance of Michael Bohl coach. She won 3 gold medals at the 2008 Summer Olympics. She also won 2 gold medals at the 2006 Melbourne Commonwealth Games.
Stephanie Louise Rice
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Stephanie Rice divides her time between Australia, United States of America, and India.
Stephanie Rice went to the Clayfield College in Brisbane. After completing her school education from there, she then studied at the Caroline Chisholm School, Canberra.
She has also attended Queensland Academy of Sport, which is an elite sports institute started by the Queensland Government in 1991.
Former Competitive Swimmer and Coach
- Father – Warren Rice
- Mother – Raelene Clark
- Siblings – Unknown
Stephanie Rice is represented by 6 Degrees Group (Talent Management Company).
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
67 kg or 148 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Stephanie Rice has dated
- Eamon Sullivan (2006-2008) – Stephanie started dating fellow Australian swimmer Eamon Sullivan in 2006. They had met at the 2006 Commonwealth Games in Melbourne and had started dating soon after. They were pretty open and public about being swimming’s glamour couple. They decided to end their relationship before the 2008 Summer Olympics. In their statements, they claimed that they wanted to focus on their preparations and eventual performance at the event. Some press sources claimed that it was a cynical move made to ease focus on them.
- Michael Phelps (2008) – In August 2008, the American media claimed that Stephanie had hooked up with star swimmer Michael Phelps after the end of their commitments at the Olympics. They were reportedly seen kissing at the nightclub just outside the Olympic Village.
- Rory Maguire (2016-Present) – The reports of Stephanie dating fitness instructor first surfaced towards the last months of 2016. First, these reports were driven by an Instagram post, which had them posing together in a cafe. A couple of days later, she shared a picture of them hanging out at the cricket ground in Brisbane. By the time she shared pictures of their date at the iconic WACA stadium in Perth, their relationship status was confirmed.
Race / Ethnicity
- Dimpled smile
- Tall and Toned Figure
Stephanie Rice has used her social media activity to promote products and brands such as –
- Unichi Wellness
- Dahlhouse Nutrition
- The Grounds (Cafe)
Her religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
Her success as a competitive swimmer. She managed to win 3 gold medals at the Summer Olympics in Beijing in 2008. She also managed to win 2 silver medals at the 2009 World Championships.
She hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film till now.
First TV Show
In 2005, Stephanie Rice made her first TV show appearance in the romantic drama series, Home and Away.
Stephanie Rice regularly works out to keep herself fit. However, she doesn’t follow one set workout routine as she finds it boring and the fact that she had followed such plans for her entire career, make such routines boring and burdensome for her. She likes to vary and mix different workout styles to keep her regime fresh and dynamic.
She likes to do Pilates once or twice a week. She also likes to hit the gym for the similar number of days. In the gym, she usually focuses on strength training and weight lifting exercises. Some weeks she likes to head out for a walk or a run. However, if the weather is too hot, she would stay indoors for her yoga sessions.
In a great week, she would have about 5 to 6 workout sessions in a week. But, she doesn’t mind when it drops to 3 or 4 per week.
If she can’t head out for any of the above-mentioned workout sessions, she picks a single dumbbell and head to the balcony of her house. She throws in some bodyweight exercises such as pushups, squat jumps, and burpees to complete her 20 minutes home workout.
She complements her workout regime by eating healthy and clean. She mostly eats a vegan diet and tries to listen to her body regularly to make better choices. Her daily dietary intake is as follows –
- Breakfast – Protein shake made with Tropeaka Vanilla Protein powder, water, and almond milk
- Lunch – Crumbed mushroom, marinated tofu, steamed greens, kimchi, and avocado
- Dinner – For the last meal of the day, she usually eats lentils or beans, fresh veggies, and greens that are topped with peanuts or almonds and nutritional yeast or tamari.
Stephanie Rice Favorite Things
- Food Indulgence – Dark Chocolate
- Foods She Can’t Live Without – Coconut Oil, Fresh Greens, and either Tahini or Chocolate
- Go-To Snack – Almond Butter and Celery
Source – JS Health
Stephanie Rice Facts
- At the Beijing Olympics, she became the first woman competitor to break the 4:30 in the 400-meter individual medley. She completed the event in 4 minutes 29.45 seconds and in the process, claimed the gold medal.
- During the 2008 Australian Olympic trials, she broke the 400-meter individual medley record by clicking 4:31.46, which was 1.43 seconds below the previous record set by American swimmer, Katie Hoff. However, Hoff reclaimed the world record in June 2008 during the US Olympics trials.
- At the 2008 Australian Olympic trials, Rice made the 200-meter individual medley record by her own by finishing the event in 2:08.92 seconds.
- After her tremendous performances at the Olympics, she was recognized as 2008 Telstra Australian Swimmer of the Year.
- In 2008, the Swimming World Magazine declared her the ‘World Swimmer of the Year’. They also named her ‘Pacific Rim Swimmer of the Year’.
- In 2013, she participated in the third season of the reality TV series, ‘The Celebrity Apprentice Australia’. She managed to win the competition.
- In September 2010, she was caught up in a controversy after she made a homophobic comment on Twitter after Australian Wallabies victory over the South African Springboks in a Rugby Union match.
- In recognition of her sporting achievements, she was awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia in January 2009.
- Visit her official website @ stephanierice.com.au.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Stephanie Rice / Instagram