|Brian Shaw Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||February 26, 1982|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
World’s strongest man, Brian
Fort Lupton, Colorado, United States
Brighton, Colorado, U.S.
Brian graduated from Fort Lupton High School, where he showcased his basketball skills. He trained under Bob Austin who was the assistant coach for Northwest State University.
Post that, he got admission at Otero Junior College in La Junta, Colorado.
He achieved his college degree from Black Hills State University, South Dakota in wellness management on a full basketball scholarship.
He was also about to commence a master’s program at Arizona State but later decided to drop the idea.
Professional Strongman competitor
- Father – Jay Shaw
- Mother – Bonnie Shaw
- Siblings – Julie (Sister)
- Others – Caiden (Nephew)
6 ft 8 in or 203 cm
192 kg or 423 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Brian Shaw has dated –
- Keri Jenkins (2014–Present) – An algebra teacher and owner of Fit Mommy Academy, Keri Jenkins was the owner of a cross fit gym. The two met at a fundraiser where Brian was the celebrity guest. They instantly connected and were soon engaged. The two tied the knot in an intimate vintage-themed wedding ceremony with close family and friends in 2015. They welcomed their son Braxton in June 2016. On October 3, 2017, Brian announced on Facebook that he and Keri were expecting their second child.
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering height
- Large hands
- Big shoe size
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 60 in or 152.5 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 23 in or 58.5 cm
- Waist – 47 in or 119.5 cm
16 (US) or 49 (EU) or 15 (UK)
Brian has appeared in the commercials on
- Hefty Slider Bag
He has endorsed these brands as well –
- Get New Age
- ICON meals
- Rogue Fitness and others.
Best Known For
Winning the World’s Strongest Man competition on many occasions including 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016.
Brian announced via his Instagram that he signed a deal to join the cast of the 2018 film Kickboxer: Retaliation.
First TV Show
Brian has not acted in a TV show but could be seen as himself in the series The World’s Strongest Man from 2007 until 2011.
Brian’s workout and diet go hand in hand to complement each other. In one of his interviews for iSatori, he advised that while deadlifting, one should have their back pretty much flat or as close as one can.
He rolls the bar as he pulls his hips back and gets into a good pulling position. He does about 1-5 reps and continues until he’s tired. He doesn’t use a belt for lifting. Below is what his training usually consists of, around 12 weeks away from the World’s Strongest Man Contest.
- Monday – Legs/Posterior Chain
- Tuesday – Press Training
- Thursday – Deadlift/Back/Posterior Chain
- Saturday – Event Training
He eventually goes lighter on his training and listens to his body to give it rest and energy before he competes.
Nathan Payton has been his diet consultant. In a video on YouTube, Shaw explains in detail about what his meals look like, Shaw adds seasoning to his food to make it easier to consume. He eats around 8 meals in a day and finds it more comfortable to train than to eat. Below is what his daily meals usually consist of.
- Breakfast – 8 eggs, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and peanut butter.
- Protein Shake/Snack – Whey protein shake with 80g of protein (mixed with water), two granola bars, and peanut butter.
- Lunch – Organic grass-fed ground beef, angel hair pasta, and red sauce.
- Protein Shake/Snack – Whey protein mixed with almond milk, frozen organic blueberries, and peanut butter.
- Post-lunch/pre-dinner – 93% lean organic ground turkey, white Jasmine rice, and broccoli.
- Dinner – A pound of beef with potatoes and asparagus if he’s not event training, else, an Italian takeout meal.
- Nighttime Snack and Protein Shake – 4 pieces of cheesecake, and a whey protein shake with 80g of protein.
Brian Shaw Favorite Things
- Cheat Food – Pizza
- Movie – Old School (2003)
- Fast Food Restaurant – Chick-fil-a
- Pro Football Team – Broncos
- Vacation Spot – Hawaii or Brazil
- Animal – Lion
Source – iSatori.com
Brian Shaw Facts
- Brian makes use of a supplement, called Dark Rage, which helps increase his energy levels by increasing his red blood cell count.
- Because Brian had put on about 100 pounds from his first competition, at airports, security officials often found it difficult to recognize him from his ID picture. Finally, in 2011, he updated his 10-year-old picture on his driver’s license.
- Brian has his training facility 15-minutes away from home in Frederick in a storage facility.
- Shaw first won the Denver Strongest Man contest in October 2005 without any formal training and started his career as a professional strongman thereafter.
- Shaw is the first and only person to ever win all of the following competitions: World’s Strongest Man, Arnold Classic Strongman, and America’s Strongest Man.
- Compared to his high stature and height, he is very friendly and down-to-earth.
- He considers himself to be a powerful person naturally as he could always lift and was fond of weights.
- Brian wears a 5XL size t-shirt.
- In July 2021, Brian had won a $25,000 car in a challenge put by YouTuber MrBeast wherein he had to deadlift the car with at least 1 rep and he easily completed 10 reps with MrBeast and his crew members inside that car.
Featured Image by Paula R. Lively / Flickr / CC BY 2.0