|Summit1g Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||April 27, 1987|
Summit1g is an American Twitch streamer, YouTuber, and retired competitive gamer who had participated in several Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) tournaments representing professional esports teams such as A51 and Mythic. After leaving the competitive field, he began focusing on streaming his experiences, mainly around video games such as CS:GO and WarZ, on the Twitch platform where he has garnered more than 6 million followers. His repertoire includes a wide variety of other games as well including Escape from Tarkov, Grand Theft Auto V, Sea of Thieves, Valorant, and DayZ. In May 2020, he had signed a multi-year contract with Twitch, regarding content and partnership support. He is popular on other social media platforms as well with more than 1 million followers on Twitter, more than 750k subscribers on YouTube, and more than 100k followers on Instagram. In 2017, he was nominated for a Teen Choice Award in the category of ‘Choice Gamer’, as well as a Shorty Award in the category of ‘Twitch Streamer of the Year’.
Jaryd Russell Lazar
Orange County, California, United States
Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
Twitch Streamer, YouTuber, Former Competitive Gamer
- Siblings – Jacob ‘Kite61’ Lazar (Younger Brother)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Summit1g has dated –
- Desirae Lazar
- LilChiipmunk (2017-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of part Hungarian descent.
- Sports a rugged beard
- Affable smile
- Short-cropped hair
- Often appears in a baseball hat
- He had first gained significant attention on Twitch in 2017 when he had left behind popular streamer Tom ‘Syndicate’ Cassell in terms of the number of followers on the platform. A year later, his channel had become the most-followed on Twitch surpassing the account of the video game developer, publisher, and esports tournament organizer Riot Games.
- In May 2018, he had received significant backlash from some of his followers after he had decided to collaborate on a stream with popular but polarising YouTuber and social media personality Jake Paul. Quite a few of his followers had even threatened to unfollow his channel but he remained undeterred, asking his followers to show ‘thicker skin’.
- In December 2019, his girlfriend and fellow Twitch streamer LilChiipmunk had claimed that the platform was promoting racism when a short video clip of another streamer Sweet_Anita had gone viral, where she had uttered the ‘N-word’. LilChiipmunk was unaware at that time that this was unintentional and was a consequence of Sweet_Anita suffering from Tourette’s syndrome. Summit1g had then made a public apology on LilChiipmunk’s behalf and had even offered words of encouragement for Sweet_Anita.
- In April 2020, he had made controversial comments about Valorant, a free-to-play multiplayer tactical first-person shooter video game developed by Riot Games. He had alleged that the game was poorly managed during the closed beta testing. Summit1g had also accused other streamers of manipulating Twitch’s ‘Drops’ system through which they had allegedly allowed viewers watching their Valorant streams to receive game keys which had provided unauthorized access to the closed beta, thus increasing their viewer counts. He had later posted an apology on Twitter which was deleted after some time.
- In January 2021, he received a gift from Twitch’s entire team which included a personalized letter addressed to him and a sculpture where a model of him was standing next to Naruto (an anime character).
Featured Image by Summit1g / Instagram