|Suzanne Shaw Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||September 29, 1981|
Suzanne Shaw is an English actor, singer, television personality, media personality, musical theater performer, dancer, and writer. She gained popularity after winning the talent contest Popstars and then for being a member of the band Hear’Say, which has released albums and tracks like Pure and Simple, Popstars, Everybody, Lovin’ Is Easy, and The Way to Your Love. Over the years, Suzanne Shaw has been a part of various projects including Elidor, City Central, The Bill, The Courtroom, Emmerdale Farm, Early Edition, Holby City, Dancing on Ice, This Morning, Loose Women, Britain’s Got More Talent, and 5 Aside.
Suzanne Christine Crowshaw
Bury, Greater Manchester, England, United Kingdom
High Wycombe, Bucks, Buckinghamshire, England, United Kingdom
When Suzanne was 3 years old, she started taking classes in all forms of dance from the Lupino and Freelance Dance school.
The singer studied at the St. Mary’s Primary School where she learned to play the recorder and the violin. Later, she attended the St. Gabriel’s R.C. High School in Bury, Greater Manchester, where she learned the saxophone.
Suzanne did a BTec National Diploma in Performing Arts from the Oldham College in Oldham, Greater Manchester. She also studied acting essentials and devising and developing performance at the college.
Singer, actor, television presenter, media personality, musical theater performer, dancer, writer
- Father – Vincent Shaw
- Mother – Janet Shaw
- Siblings – Paul Shaw (Brother)
She has been managed by –
- James Grant Media Group Ltd.
- Intertalent Rights Group, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
MCA Music, Island, Cordless Recordings, Polydor Records
Her net worth had been $3 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
59 kg or 130 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Suzanne Shaw has dated –
- Ziggy Lichman – Suzanne was RUMORed to be dating English TV personality Ziggy Lichman.
- Terry Adams – Suzanne Shaw was in a relationship with Terry Adams for some time.
- David Kay (2001) – Suzanne had a scene with David Kay in 2001. She hooked up with her musical group’s backup dancer David.
- Frank Lampard (2002) – Suzanne Shaw dated English soccer player Frank Lampard for about a month in 2002.
- Darren Day (2003-2005) – Suzanne started dating English actor Darren Day in 2003. The two did not marry and on December 16, 2004, the couple had a baby boy named Corey MacKenzie-Graham.
- Jason King (2005-2012) – Shaw and British DJ and television presenter Jason King started dating after meeting on Britain’s Worst Celebrity Driver in December 2005. They lived in Oxenhope, Yorkshire along with her son Corey and they got engaged in August 2008. In June 2009, they married in Christchurch in Dorset but on February 13, 2012, they split.
- Sam Greenfield (2013-Present) – The singer was in a relationship with television personality Sam Greenfield and they got engaged in June 2014. On March 4, 2015, Suzanne confessed about being pregnant and she gave birth to a baby boy named Rafferty Greenfield on October 6, 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
- Has an Asian symbol tattoo on her stomach’s left side
- Committed mother
- Humble and down-to-earth
38-30-32 in or 96.5-76-81 cm
8 (US) or 38 (EU)
7 (US) or 4.5 (UK) or 37.5 (EU)
Shaw has been the brand ambassador/face of the lingerie line Michelle for George Ultimo at Asda.
Shaw has been an ambassador of Mattel and was the first celebrity to have had such a deal with Mattel in association with Barbie DVD distributor Entertainment Rights.
She has been the face of Tesco Mobile and has also launched two interactive games titled Disney’s Sing It and Disney’s A Christmas Carol for Disney.
Best Known For
She is known for being a band member of the English pop group Hear’Say.
Suzanne is also a television actor known for Emmerdale, Elidor, as a panelist on ITV’s Loose Women, Popstars, Have I Been Here Before, Britain’s Worst Celebrity Driver, and Dancing on Ice.
The first album of her group Hear’Say was Popstars and it sold over 1.2 million copies in the U.K.
First TV Show
As an actor, she first appeared in the adventure fantasy show Elidor as Helen Watson in 1995 in all the 6 episodes of season 1.
First Stage Appearance
She made her first stage appearance in April 2006 on London’s West End as Janet Weiss in The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
As a Singer
Shaw became a singer after she was chosen by ITV’s Popstars after making it through the auditions and the elimination rounds. She was among the final 10 and went on to become one of the members of Hear’Say pop band with Kym Marsh, Myleene Klass, Noel Sullivan, and Danny Foster.
After the band disbanded on October 1, 2002, she went on to become a prominent lady in musical theater apart from being a television presenter and model.
Her personal trainer is Jack Fymruk.
Talking about losing weight after her second pregnancy, Suzanne informed that it was not very easy and she worked hard. Shaw gets up at 6 am before the baby boy wakes up at least four times a week and does her workout with trainer Fymruk.
Suzanne Shaw Favorite Things
- Movie – The Holiday (2006)
- TV Show – The X Factor UK
- Place – Yorkshire
Source – Mirror
Suzanne Shaw Facts
- She started learning ballet when she was only two years old.
- Suzanne was among the ABBA tribute band The Right Stuff members.
- In 2008, she was a winner of the ITV skating show Dancing on Ice’s third series.
- She was a columnist for Woman Magazine in 2008. The magazine had a weekly circulation of more than 370,000.
- Suzanne was a presenter at Miss Scotland and Jeans for Genes Fashion Show at Harrods.
- Shaw sang the Connected theme tune for the kid’s animated movie Barbie and The Diamond Castle (2008).
- On September 20, 2008, the singer was a guest presenter for the second UK Kids Choice Awards on the Nickelodeon channel.
- Suzanne Shaw was voted as the Celebrity Mother of the Year in 2008.
- The singer launched a perfume called Ice which was quite successful and has also brought out the interactive family DVD titled Suzanne Shaw’s Showtime Showdown.
- She recorded the Calling song for Koishii & Hush which did well in the U.K. and the U.S. dance charts.
- In 2012, the singer toured along with Craig Gazey, Dominic Cazenove, Vicky Entwistle, and Gemma Bissix in Funny Peculiar.