|Tamlyn Tomita Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||January 27, 1966|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Tamlyn Tomita is a Japanese-American actress and singer who came to limelight with her screen debut in the leading role of Kumiko in the martial arts drama film The Karate Kid Part II (1986). She gained further recognition by starring in numerous other movies including Come See the Paradise (1990), The Joy Luck Club (1993), and The Day After Tomorrow (2004) and after playing recurring roles on a number of TV series like The Burning Zone (1996–1997) and The Man in the High Castle (2018). She has been conferred several awards such as the Jury Prize for “Best Actress” at the FantaSci Film Festival as well as the Southern Shorts Award, both in 2017, for her performance in the short film Real Artists (2017).
Tamlyn Naomi Tomita
Tomato from “Tomita”, that became Tomato-Juice, that again changed to TJ
Los Angeles, California, United States
She attended Granada Hills High School in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles, graduating from there, and she had also been majoring in History at UCLA before discontinuing in order to pursue her acting career.
- Father – Asako L. (Worked in the U.S. Army stationed in Okinawa between the Korean and Vietnam war & Served as a sergeant in the LAPD)
- Mother – Shiro Tomita
She is represented by Sovereign Talent Group.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Greg Watanabe – She was in a relationship with Greg Watanabe.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Japanese descent on her father’s side of the family and of Filipino (Ilocano) descent on her mother’s side.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Birthmark below her lips
- Prominent cheekbones
- Cheerful smile
- Expressive eyes
Tamlyn Tomita Favorite Things
- The Place She Most Likes To Spend Time At – Anywhere, as long as it is with her love-filled mind, as she has found love to be an ongoing adventure
- Finds It The Most Amusing – To catch her mother watching adorable pet videos
- Most Important Lesson She Has Learned – To always practice love
- Idea Of The Perfect Day – One of happy surprises for herself as well as others
- Item She Has Owned For The Longest Time – Her baby pillow
- Belief – The secret to a good life involves the willingness to always learn, to remember to laugh, to love, and to also let go
Source – TrekMagazine.Alumni.UBC.ca
Tamlyn Tomita Facts
- In 1987, she had released a Japanese music album with a label named Polydor.
- Her father had passed away in 1990 after suffering from cancer.
- She was listed by People magazine as one of the “50 Most Beautiful People” in the world.
Featured Image by Tamlyn Tomita / Instagram