Tara Leann Stiles
Morris, Illinois, United States
Information about her formal education isn’t available.
Model, Yoga instructor and founder of “Strala” Yoga Studios
- Father – He worked at the nuclear plant.
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Chad Stiles (Older Brother) (Electrician)
Tara Styles is represented by Creative Artists Agency.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tara Stiles has dated –
- Michael Taylor (2008-Present) – Stiles first met fellow yoga enthusiast Michael Taylor in 2008 at the Ananda Ashram in Monroe in New York state. After dating for a brief period of time, they got married in a civil ceremony held in New York City and later went to Negril, Jamaica for their honeymoon. Soon after, they collaborated to start the first Strala Yoga Studio in New York City. The word was completely their creation and it is similar to the Swedish word stråla, which translates to ‘radiate light’. In February 2017, she gave birth to a baby girl, Daisy.
Race / Ethnicity
- Slim and toned figure
- Lean and long face
- Prominent nose
Tara Stiles has done endorsement work for the following brands and products
- Target Corporation
- American Apparel
- May Company
- Chrysler PT Cruiser
- Kinder Candy
- Lion King
Stiles was also signed up as a spokesperson for the automobile giant, Nissan Motors.
Her religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being one of the most popular yoga instructors and proponents. Even, the esteemed Harvard University did the case study into her extraordinary success as a yoga brand.
- Having served as a personal yoga instructor to several well-known personalities such as Deepak Chopra and Sarah Palin.
- Having stripped Yoga of its cultural relevance and instead using it as a plain quick weight loss method.
In 2002, she made her theatrical film debut as “Principal Dancer” in the drama fantasy movie, Cremaster 3.
First TV Show
In 2000, Tara Stiles made her first TV show appearance in the Fort Gains episode of horror reality TV series, Fear.
Tara Stiles keeps 10 to 20 minutes aside daily for her private yoga practice. She usually gets her yoga workout done in the morning and if she is not able to get to the class, she practices yoga before going to the bed.
Her typical daily diet is as follows
- Breakfast – Tara starts her busy day at 5:30 AM and usually prefers to start it with a tea and orange juice. She also likes to have an almond milk, banana, and spinach smoothie. If she is traveling, she likes to have some fruits or yogurt.
- Mid-Morning Snack – Apple, banana or a nutrition bar. If she has a class or event to attend, she prefers something that will keep her full for a longer time.
- Lunch – Spinach and avocado salad with truffle salt seasoning and lemon dressing. She also likes to add seasonal produce such as cherry tomatoes, apple, and arugula to her salad.
- Afternoon Snack – Almond milk, strawberry, and banana smoothie. If she is looking to replace a meal with a smoothie, she adds oatmeal, cashews, and some cinnamon in the smoothie to make it more filling.
- Dinner – She prefers to have her dinner by 5 PM and usually likes to have a vegetable soup with pasta or quinoa. She prefers to use coconut milk in her soup.
Tara Stiles Favorite Things
- Beauty Products – Maybelline Great Lash, Embryolisse moisturizer, and coconut oil
- Travel Necessity – Heated sleep mask from Tokyo
- Foods for Glow – Green smoothies, berries and fruits, juices, and coffee
- Go-To Healthy Recipe – Banana, spinach and almond milk blended together
- Cities for Food – Nobu, Tokyo
Source – The New Potato
Tara Stiles Facts
- After completing her high school education, she decided to move to Chicago to study ballet. She was exposed to yoga at the conservatory program for dance in Chicago.
- However, she didn’t start regularly practicing yoga until she moved to New York City in 2000. She got enrolled in the Amy Ippoliti’s class at Crunch Gym.
- She realized that she could turn her passion for yoga into a profession after she had modeled for a yoga magazine and they had eventually offered to pay her $250 per month for writing yoga related articles.
- Tara started her journey to become a social media icon in 2006 by starting to make YouTube videos, which gave her first dose of success.
- She initially started a yoga studio at her place on Bleecker Street and her boyfriend’s apartment in Manhattan’s Flatiron District. For the sake of promotion, she initially gave free classes.
- While she was studying ballet in Chicago, she was discovered by a local photographer who introduced her to the founder of Aria Models, Marie Anderson and she, in turn, got her an assignment with Ford Models.
- It was her modeling assignment with Ford Models that she got her YouTube start as they had instructed her to post short yoga promotional videos on the popular video streaming website.
- She has collaborated with the popular sportswear Reebok to launch her exclusive line of clothing labeled as Reebok Yoga, which has been stocked in the leading retail stores.
- Stiles loves to knit in her free time and she had also inked a partnership deal with Wool and the Gang to create an exclusive knitwear and yoga streetwear line. The clothes manufactured as part of this deal have Tara Stiles label.
- She had been roped in by W Hotels for the creation of healthy menu items, in-room videos, and have taken her inputs for the development of healthy retreats all over the globe.
- In 2010, she published her first book, Slim Calm Sexy Yoga in collaboration with Rodale. After that, she switched over to Hay House Publishing and has published several other books.
- Stiles has often been criticized by the traditional yoga instructors for having sold yoga for the top dollar. They have accused her of stripping yoga of its essence so that she could sell it to a wider range of society.
- Her yoga creation “Strala” offers a host of courses and programs including Ready-to-Lead 210-hour program, weekend, one day and bi-annual Summer Camp. These courses have been credited by NAFC Fitness and Health Certification.
- Strala has an exclusive partnership deal with Alliance for a Healthier Generation as a part of which their yoga courses are made available in around 20,000 schools.
- She has roped in popular celebs such as Deepak Chopra, Jane Fonda, Tia Mowry, and Brooklyn Decker for her This is Yoga DVD series.
- Visit her official website @ tarastiles.com.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, YouTube, and Pinterest.
Featured Image by Steve Shaw / Flickr / CC BY 2.0