|Taysom Hill Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||August 23, 1990|
Taysom Hill is an American football utility player who has played as a quarterback for the New Orleans Saints of the National Football League (NFL).
Taysom Shawn Hill
Pocatello, Idaho, United States
Taysom Hill studied at Highland High School in Pocatello, Idaho, and graduated in 2009. While at Highland High School, he lettered in football, basketball, and track.
He then attended Brigham Young University (BYU) in Provo, Utah.
Professional Football Player
- Father – Doug Hill
- Mother – Natalie Hill
- Siblings – Celeste Hill (Older Sister), Dexter Hill (Late Older Brother), Jordan Hill (Older Brother)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
100 kg or 220.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Taysom Hill has dated –
- Emily Nixon – In 2014, he married Emily Nixon in the Salt Lake Temple in Salt Lake City, Utah. They have 2 sons – Beau (b. August 2020) and Bennett Taysom Hil (b. April 2023). Emily is the sister of former BYU and NFL linebacker David Nixon.
Race / Ethnicity
Hill has done endorsement work for brands like SNICKERS and Idaho Potatoes.
A member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, he served as a missionary for the church in Sydney, Australia, from 2009 to 2011.
Taysom Hill Facts
- He gets his name from Taysom Construction Company which was formerly located in his hometown of Pocatello, Idaho.
- As a senior in school, Taysom Hill threw for 2,269 yards and 18 touchdowns and rushed for 1,491 yards and 24 touchdowns. This earned him many accolades including the All-Idaho Player of the Year, Idaho Gatorade High School Player of the Year, First Team All-State selection, and All-Region and All-Conference Player of the Year.
- As a track athlete, he competed in the 200 meters and long jump and recorded a personal-best time of 22.5 seconds in the 200 m at the 2007 5A District IV/V/VI Regional Meet, placing 3rd.
- After finishing high school in 2009, he received offers from many universities including the University of Arizona, Boise State University, Oregon State University, Washington State University, University of Utah, Stanford University, and Brigham Young University.
- Taysom Hill was number two on the quarterback depth chart as a freshman in 2012.
- For the 2013 season, he was named the BYU Cougars‘ full-time starter.
- After the demise of his older brother Dexter in 2016, he changed his jersey number from 4 to 7 to honor his late brother.
- In the 2017 NFL Draft, Taysom Hill was undrafted. He then signed with the Green Bay Packers as a free agent on May 5, 2015, and went on to appear in three preseason games with the team, completing 14 of 20 passes, throwing for two touchdowns, and rushing for another. On September 2, 2017, he was released during the Packers final roster cut-down.
- He was claimed off waivers by the New Orleans Saints in 2017.
- Taysom Hill was listed as the third-string quarterback to start the 2018 season and finished the season with the New Orleans Saints with 37 carries for 196 rushing yards and two rushing touchdowns, three receptions for four yards, and passed for 64 yards and an interception. He also had 14 kickoff returns for 348 net yards for a 24.86 average.
- He signed a 4-year, $40 million extension with the New Orleans Saints on March 14, 2021. On November 22, 2021, he signed an additional contract extension with the team that gave him $22.5 million in guaranteed money.
- Playing with the New Orleans Saints in a match against the Atlanta Falcons, he suffered an injury on January 9, 2022, and later underwent surgery.
- In a match against the Seattle Seahawks on October 9, 2022, Taysom Hill scored a career-high four touchdowns in the New Orleans Saints 39–32 win. He was named NFC Offensive Player of the Week for his performance in the match.
Featured Image by GrabitMike / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0