|Tessa Virtue Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||May 17, 1989|
Tessa Virtue is a retired Canadian ice dancer known for being the best ice dancer of her generation. Her partnership with Scott remained in existence for more than 2 decades, was one of the most prolific in the history of ice skating as there is no championship or event that they didn’t dominate. They became the youngest pair to win the Olympics title. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram and more than 200k followers on Twitter.
Tessa Jane McCormick Virtue
London, Ontario, Canada
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Tessa Virtue went to the Holy Names High School in Windsor, Ontario. She also attended an electronic learning school called AMDEC.
After the completion of her school education, she got enrolled at the University of Windsor to study psychology. She later shifted to The University of Western Ontario to complete her degree.
- Father – Jim Virtue
- Mother – Kate Virtue
- Siblings – Jordan Virtue (Older Sister), Casey Virtue (Older Brother), Kevin Virtue (Older Brother)
Tessa Virtue can be reached through Skate Canada National Office.
Oleg Epstein, Marina Zueva, Igor Shpilband, Johnny Johns, Paul MacIntosh, Suzanne Killing, and Carol Moir (Former)
Marie-France Dubreuil, Patrice Lauzon, Romain Haguenauer
Marina Zueva, Igor Shpilband (Former)
David Wilson, Marie-France Dubreuil, Samuel Chouinard
Arctic Edge FSC, Ilderton Skating Club (Former)
Montreal International School of Skating
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tessa Virtue has dated –
- Scott Moir – Tessa has been linked on numerous occasions with her dance partner Scott Moir. Their great chemistry and sizzling equation during their performances have led to these dating rumors. However, they have maintained that they are just good friends.
Race / Ethnicity
- Petite figure
- Green eyes
- In March 2018, Tessa Virtue was appointed as the brand ambassador of skincare line Nivea Canada. In the role of brand ambassador, she appeared in a TV commercial for the brand as well.
- She has also appeared alongside Scott Moir in a TV advert for Visa.
- She also has sponsorship deals with the following brands –
- Air Canada
- General Mills
- Acura West
Best Known For
- Being one of the finest ice dancers, having won 2 gold medals (2009-10 and 2017-18) and a silver medal (2013-14) at the Olympics. She and her dance partner Scott Moir are considered by many experts and analysts as the greatest ice dancers of all time.
- Having emerged as World Championship and Four Continents champion on a number of occasions
First TV Show
In 2011, Tessa Virtue made her first TV show appearance on the talk show, The Marilyn Denis Show.
Tessa Virtue works hard in the gym to ensure that she keeps turning in stunning performances in the rink. She spends about 4 hours on ice training every day. She also dedicates 2 hours to the gym work. Apart from her daily training, she spends an hour on treatment that includes physiotherapy, osteopathy, massage, and fascial stretch therapy.
She has hired a naturopath and nutritionist to ensure that she can compliment her training and gym work in the best way. She focuses on eating a lot of protein and veggies. However, she doesn’t believe in depriving herself. She believes that as long as she is eating everything in moderation, she can allow herself a liberty to indulge.
Tessa Virtue Favorite Things
- Guilty Pleasure – Lemon meringue pie
- Celebrity Crush – David Beckham
- Style Icons – Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn
Source – Hello Magazine
Tessa Virtue Facts
- As a young girl, she excelled in ballet. But at the age of 9, she decided to reject an offer to join the National Ballet School as she solely wanted to focus on ice skating.
- In 2003, she moved to Canton, Michigan to start training under the guidance of Igor Shpilband and Marina Zueva. She eventually moved back to her hometown in 2014 after the Olympics event.
- In 1997, she started skating with Scott Moir. They were paired by his aunt, Carol Moir, who was their coach at that time.
- In 2008, she and Moir had to withdraw from Grand Prix events after she was diagnosed with chronic exertional compartment syndrome. In October 2008, she had to undergo surgery to take care of her condition.
- Tessa and Scott achieved the distinction of becoming the first Canadian ice dancers to win the World Junior Championships in 2006.
- In 2008, she and Scott won their first Canadian national title, which helped them earn a spot at the Four Continents. At the subsequent Four Continents events, they managed to win the gold medal.
- In October 2015, she launched her exclusive range of jewelry in collaboration with Hillberg & Berk.
- She and Scott hold the distinction of being the first team to have won an Olympic gold medal in dance category at their debut event. They were also the first team from North America to win an Olympic gold medal.
- In October 2010, she and Scott published their book Tessa and Scott: Our Journey from Childhood Dream to Gold. They had hired Steve Milton to co-write the book.
- In December 2017, she and Scott were recognized as the Canadian Olympic athletes of the year by Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.
Featured Image by Tessa Virtue / Instagram