|Tha Realest Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||October 11, 1973|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Tha Realest is an American rapper who is best known for his solo studio album titled Witness Tha Realest (July 2009). He has also released the mixtapes Tha Realest Presents: Me and My Mufuka’z (2005), Witness Tha Realest Mixtape (2006), From East 2 West (2007), Tha Death Row Dayz Vol. 1 (2007), Tha Death Row Dayz Vol. 2 (2007), and Mob Muzik (2008). He is also well recognized for his work as a member of The Regime, an American hip-hop collective that was formed in 1997.
Tha Realest, Tenkamenin The Vigilante
Dallas, Texas, United States
- Father – His father worked as a preacher.
Hip Hop, Rap, Gangsta Rap
- Death Row Records
- Omerta Entertainment / Tommy Boy Entertainment
- Tru ‘Dat’ Entertainment
- Team Dime Entertainment / RBC Records
- MNRK Music Group
- Mob Life Records
- For The People Entertainment
- Puppy Dog Unlimited Records
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Toned physique
- Sports a trimmed beard
- Has his entire chest and both hands covered in tattoos
Tha Realest Facts
- He had started rapping in the early 1980s when he was still in his teens. He often used to compete in rap battles on the local circuit. In the early 1990s, he had co-founded a record label called Puppy Dog Unlimited Records.
- The stage name, Tenkamenin The Vigilante, that he had used early in his career was taken from the name of Tenkamenin, an 11th-century African emperor of the Ghana Empire.
- His association with the record label Death Row Records had started in March 1996 when he had auditioned for the legendary rapper Tupac Shakur in Las Vegas. After Tupac’s death in September 1996, Tha Realest had been offered a contract with the label. In years to come, he would also be known, albeit often in a negative light, for his strikingly similar voice to Tupac.
- In October 1999, he had been shot at in a drive-by shooting just after he was leaving the studio after finishing the recording of a song with the hip hop duo Tha Dogg Pound. He had sustained severe injuries to his foot in the incident while a security officer working in the area had lost his life.
- He had left Death Row Records in late 2001 to pursue a deal through which he could release his debut solo studio album, a dream project for which he had recorded approximately 150 songs. However, he had found it difficult to obtain a solid deal with any record label as most of them were reluctant to associate themselves with a former artist of Death Row Records because of the notoriety that the label had accumulated over the years. So, in 2002, Tha Realest had formed his own record label, 2 Real Entertainment (later known as Omerta Entertainment).
- In 2006, he had been signed up by Tru ‘Dat’ Entertainment. However, the following year, the company’s owners had been accused of embezzling millions of dollars worth of taxpayers’ money via fraudulent transfers. The label was subsequently forced to discontinue.
Featured Image by Tha Realest / Instagram