|The Miz Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||October 8, 1980|
The Miz is an American professional wrestler who is known for his successful career with WWE and for winning numerous wrestling championships. In 2018, he became an executive producer of a reality show based on his family life called Miz & Mrs aired on USA Network.
Michael Gregory Mizanin
The Miz, Mike
Parma, Ohio, United States
- Austin, Texas, United States (Former Residence)
- Cleveland, Ohio, United States
- Moved to Thousand Oaks, California, United States in August 2019
Mike finished high school education in 1999 and graduated with honors from Normandy High School.
He later got enrolled in the Richard T. Farmer School of Business at Miami University for a Bachelor’s degree but dropped out in the sophomore year to star in Season 10 of MTV reality show The Real World (2001).
Professional Wrestler, Actor, Reality TV Personality
- Father – George Mizanin (Owner of multiple Mr. Hero Restaurant franchise in Cleveland)
- Mother – Barbara Pappas aka Queenie (Healthcare Professional, Psychology Graduate)
- Others – Neeko Pappas (Maternal Uncle) (Expired 2014), George W. Mizanin (Paternal Grandfather), Eugenia Sylvia Eridon aka Ginnie (Paternal Grandmother), Gregory N. Pappas (Maternal Grandfather), Dixie Datus (Maternal Grandmother). He has 2 half-siblings.
He is represented by WWE Performance Center.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
100 kg or 220.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
The Miz has dated –
- Roni Jonah
- Layla El
- Tara McDaniel (2001–2002)
- Trishelle Cannatella (2003)
- Christena Pyle (2003)
- Kendal Sheppard (2003–2004)
- Maryse Ouellet (2008-Present) – They started dating in 2008 and got engaged in 2012. The couple got married in February 2014. They have 2 daughters named Monroe Sky Mizanin (b. March 2018) and Madison Jade Mizanin (b. September 2019)
Race / Ethnicity
He has Austrian, Hungarian, Slovak, and Romanian ancestry on his paternal side as well as Greek, German, and English ancestry on his maternal side.
- Fauxhawk hairstyle
- Trademark phrase “I’m the Miz, and I’m Awesome!”
He has endorsed numerous brands such as –
- Domino’s Pizza
- Cricket Wireless TV
- WWE Merchandise
The Miz Favorite Things
- Fast Food – In-N-Out Burger
- Color – Black, Blue
- Music Group – Right Now, Trapt
- Movie – Swingers (1996), Old School (2003), Forrest Gump (1994)
- Comedy – Dumb & Dumber (1994)
- Action Movie – Die Hard franchise
- Old School Movie – The Lost Boys (1987)
- Old School Horror – A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
- Thriller – Layer Cake (2004)
- WWE Role Model He Looked Up To In His Childhood – Ultimate Warrior
- Healthy Food – Fruits
- Waffles – Pecan waffle with peanut butter from Waffle House
- Animals – Dogs
- TV Shows – Sons of Anarchy, The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones
- 90s Sitcom – Seinfeld
- Band – Def Leppard
- Music Album – Hysteria by Def Leppard
- Pizza Topping – Cheese
- Pizza Place – Hollywood Pies in LA
- Ice-Cream Flavor – Chocolate
- Sports Team – Cleveland Monsters (Ice Hockey)
- Restaurant Chain – Outback or Texas Roadhouse, California Pizza Kitchen
The Miz Facts
- He started training in wrestling at the age of 22.
- He has 2 pet cats named Spice and Latte and 2 dogs – a Doberman named Pumpkin and a miniature pinscher named Spice.
- The wrestler wanted to participate in the reality show The Real World when he was in 7th grade. Eight years later, he turned his dream into a reality by getting cast in The Real World Season 10.
- He created the obnoxious and loud alter-ego of The Miz while participating in his very first reality show.
- From 2001 to 2006, Mike participated in 9 reality shows. Except for Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the S*xes 2, he made it to the finale of all the other shows and won Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Seasons (2002) and The Inferno II (2005), and Fear Factor: Reality Stars (2006).
- The WWE signed Mike to their main roster of Smackdown in 2006 after he finished as a runner-up in WWE Tough Enough reality competition in 2004.
Featured Image by Reckless Dream / Flickr / CC BY-2.0