|Maryse Ouellet Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||January 21, 1983|
|Spouse||Michael Gregory Mizanin|
Maryse Ouellet is a Canadian-American professional wrestler, model, manager, and reality star, who signed with WWE and is best known by her ring name Maryse. She entered the modeling industry and later won the Miss Hawaiian Tropic Canada in 2003. In 2006, she was scouted by the professional wrestling promotion WWE and debuted in August 2006 after joining the WWE Diva Search competition wherein she won the title and held it for 7 months. In 2009, she was drafted by WWE’s Raw and won the championship for the 2nd time in 2010, making her the first wrestler to have won the championship more than once and the only woman in history to win the title via a tournament. On that same year, Maryse joined the main cast of NXT as a co-host and later became the manager of a retired professional wrestler and actor Ted DiBiase. She made her comeback to the company and became the manager of her real-life husband, The Miz.
The Sultry Diva, The Sexiest of Sexy, The French Phenom
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Austin, Texas, United States
She took up a degree in Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.
Professional Wrestler, Professional Wrestling Manager, Model, Reality Star
- Father – Guy Ouellet
- Mother – Marjolaine Martin
- Siblings – Unknown
Maryse Ouellet is represented by Advanced Management, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Maryse Ouellet has dated –
- Michael Gregory Mizanin (2014-Present) – Maryse Ouellet is married to her fellow wrestler and long-time partner, Mike Mizanin who is most popularly known by his ring name “The Miz.” The couple got engaged sometime in 2013 and had officially tied the knot on February 20, 2014, and, their wedding took place in The Bahamas. 4 years after being happily married together, they finally had their first child, a daughter named Monroe Sky Mizanin who was born on March 27, 2018. As of February 17, 2019, the two announced that they are expecting their baby number two and is due in September.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of French-Canadian descent.
- Plump Lips
- U-shaped Jawline
She has not endorsed any brands yet.
Best Known For
- Debuting a career with WWE where she worked from 2006 to 2011
- Joining the cast of the reality show Total Divas for its 6th and 7th seasons in 2016
- Landing a lead role for WWE‘s reality TV series Miz & Mrs. on January 8, 2018
In 1994, Maryse Ouellet made her theatrical film debut as Pouilleuse in the film Octobre, a dramatization of the Canadian abduction and murder of a government minister by a cell of The Quebec Liberation Front.
First TV Shows
Apart from the broadcast of her wrestling matches, she made her TV show debut on Musée Eden in 2010.
In a quick chit-chat on April 5, 2017, Maryse Ouellet told on how she has been keeping her curves while also not compromising the importance of keeping a healthy diet routine. To keep herself looking “strong”, “lean”, and “mean”, she revealed that she likes to do a high interval intensity type of workouts. Given that she’s not a cardio person, HITT works best for her as it burns calories after working out for about 8-12 hours.
As for her diet, she is a vegetarian. Unlike other sports enthusiast and athletes who would often restrict themselves from certain foods, Maryse has it the other way around. She added that she prefers eating in moderation between a healthy meal and her favorite sweets, adding that she loves chocolate cake, cheese, and bread – all of which she can happily still eat but in moderation.
Maryse Ouellet Favorite Things
- Actress – Scarlett Johansson
- Bands – Simple Plan, Nickelback
- Music Genre – Techno Style
- Professional Wrestler – John Cena
- Food – Filet Mignon, French and Italian cuisine, Chocolate Cake, Cheese, Bread
- Extracurricular Activity – She likes to go to the theatre or go out to movies.
- Color – Black
Source – WWE
Maryse Ouellet Facts
- She was on the cover of Playboy‘s “2007 Girls of Canada” calendar.
- She speaks French, fluent English, and can read Spanish.
- Maryse Ouellet has a tattoo of her late father’s name “Guy” on her left wrist.
- She is a black belt holder in martial arts.
- In 2011, Maryse Ouellet announced her plans for establishing her own clothing and jewelry line which she later named House of Maryse.
- She started working as a realtor in Los Angeles in 2013 after she spent a year to earn her real estate license.
- Her main inspiration to become a professional wrestler was Amy Christine Dumas, best known for her ring name Lita. Aside from Lita, she also cited Lisa Marie Varon (ring name Victoria) as one of her dream opponents inside the wrestling ring.
- In April 2007, she appeared in Timbaland‘s music video Throw It On Me alongside fellow WWE Divas Ashley, Torrie Wilson, Layla, Kelly Kelly, and Brooke Adams.
- She appeared in the January 2009 issue of Muscle & Fitness alongside Eve Torres and Michelle McCool.
- Maryse Ouellet also appeared in 5 WWE video games and made her in-game debut at WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010.
- She became officially an American citizen on June 27, 2018.
- She started taking part in the Foundation of Children General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, in 2006.
- Connect with Maryse Ouellet on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by GabboT / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0