|Theo James Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||December 16, 1984|
Theo James is an English actor, musician, voice actor, model, and producer. He is known for having been cast as Tobias “Four” Eaton in The Divergent Series film trilogy, Sidney Parker in the historical drama series Sanditon, Walter William Clark, Jr. in the crime drama series Golden Boy, Hector (voice) in the adult animated dark fantasy action series Castlevania, David in the action-horror films Underworld: Awakening and Underworld: Blood Wars, Will Younger in the action thriller film How It Ends, Ivan in the crime drama film Lying and Stealing, George Almore in the science fiction film Archive, and Rek’yr (voice) in the fantasy series The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance.
Theodore Peter James Kinnaird Taptiklis
High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England, United Kingdom
He divides his time between –
- Venice Beach, California, United States
- North London, London, England, United Kingdom
James went to all-boys Aylesbury Grammar School in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire. Subsequently, he attended the University of Nottingham to obtain a degree in philosophy.
He learned acting from the drama school, Bristol Old Vic Theatre School.
Actor, Musician, Voice Actor, Producer, Model
- Father – Philip Taptiklis (Business Consultant)
- Mother – Jane (née Martin) (Worked for the National Health Service)
- Siblings – Theo has 2 older brothers and 2 older sisters.
- Others – Nicholas Theodore Taptiklis (Paternal Grandfather), Barbara Jean Dorothy Keech (Paternal Grandmother), Jean Dreghorn Kinnaird (Maternal Grandmother)
Theo James has been signed with –
- Markham, Froggatt & Irwin, Talent Management Company, London, England, United Kingdom
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
His net worth had been $4 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Theo James has dated –
- Ruth Kearney (2009-Present) – Theo started dating Irish actor Ruth Kearney in 2009 and they met at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School. In 2015, they reportedly got engaged. They tied the knot on August 25, 2018, in Islington Town Hall. In August 2021, it was revealed that the couple had welcomed their first child together.
- Shailene Woodley (2014) – Theo was RUMORed to be dating American actor Shailene Woodley in 2014. They have acted together in the 2014 film “Divergent”.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Greek, English, Scottish, and German ancestry.
He has voiced the UK Audi advertisement.
James has appeared in a Lexus car commercial.
He endorsed Hugo Boss’ perfume in 2015.
Best Known For
Playing the lead role as Detective Walter William Clark, Jr. in the CBS’ crime drama series, Golden Boy in 2013.
Theo appeared in a 2010 dramedy film You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger for his role as Ray.
As a voice actor, he made his film debut by providing vocal to the character of witcher Vesemir in the adult animated dark fantasy film The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf in 2021.
First TV Show
In 2010, he played the role of Alex “Craze” Crazenovski in a TV show A Passionate Woman.
As a voice actor, he made his TV show debut by voicing the character of Hector, a devil forge master called upon to serve Dracula in his war against humanity, in the animated series Castlevania in 2018.
He had trained himself physically for the film Divergent. The director wanted him to gain some muscle mass for the film. He spent a lot of time in the gym, especially 1 month prior to the start of the film. He and Shailene learned many stunts, hand combats from ex-military men.
Theo James Favorite Things
- Actors – Marlon Brando, Paul Newman, Steve McQueen
- Movie – Shine (1996)
Source – Hollywood Reporter
Theo James Facts
- Theo is the youngest in his family. He has 4 older siblings.
- Theo’s paternal grandfather was Greek.
- Previously, he was a member of the band Shere Khan. James used to sing and play guitar for the London-based band. The band officially ended its operation on November 21, 2012.
- Theo played Tobias “Four” Eaton in the 2014 science fiction action film Divergent.
- In 2012, he played David in the 3D action horror film Underworld: Awakening.
- In 2011, James appeared in 6 episodes of the supernatural drama TV series Bedlam for his starring role as Jed Harper.
- He used to sit for three to four hours in a makeup chair to put on tattoos for the 2014 film Divergent.
- Many people (including some paparazzi) have mistakenly thought him to be the actor James Franco.
- He went into acting without any prior plans. He once applied to a drama school, just because his girlfriend did that. And, by chance, he was selected and she wasn’t.
- He has worked as a lifeguard and bartender before.
- He is not on social media.