|Theresa Saldana Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||August 20, 1954|
|Date of Death||June 6, 2016|
Theresa Saldana was an American actor, voice actor, activist, and writer who is known for her television roles like playing Rachel Scali in the ABC comedy-drama series The Commish and Rosa (voice) in the animated series New Kids on the Block. She was also cast in several other shows including All My Children, Falcon Crest, Law & Order, The Bernie Mac Show, The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest, Tales from the Darkside, Captain Planet and the Planeteers, Confessions of Crime, Batman Beyond, Martial Law, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Nothing Sacred, Cagney & Lacey, Diagnosis: Murder, Werewolf, Santa Barbara, MacGyver, Buck James, Simon & Simon, 240-Robert, The Twilight Zone, and American Playhouse. Moreover, Theresa Saldana was a part of many films such as Nunzio, The Evil That Men Do, Home Movies, Of Men and Angels, Sophia Loren: Her Own Story, The Night Before, I Wanna Hold Your Hand, Victims for Victims: The Theresa Saldana Story, Jonny Quest vs. The Cyber Insects, Ready to Run, She Woke Up Pregnant, Thrill Seekers, Angel Town, Illusion Infinity, Double Revenge, and Raging Bull.
She was born on August 20, 1954.
On June 6, 2016, she died of pneumonia at the age of 61 in Los Angeles, California, United States.
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
She resided in Los Angeles, California, United States.
Growing up, Theresa Saldana took dance as well as acting lessons.
Actor, Voice Actor, Activist, Writer
- Others – Tony Saldana (Adoptive Father), Divina Saldana (Adoptive Mother)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Theresa Saldana had dated –
- Fred Feliciano (1979-1986) – She got married to Fred Feliciano on February 11, 1979, but the duo divorced in 1986.
- Phil Peters (1989-2016) – She married Phil Peters in March 1989 and they were blessed with a daughter named Tianna Saldana Peters on August 30, 1989. The couple remained together until Theresa’s death in 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
Theresa Saldana Facts
- She was just 5 days old when she was adopted by a family of Puerto Rican and Italian-American heritage.
- Theresa Saldana started dancing at a young age but later suffered a serious shoulder injury while part of a tumbling team. She then started taking acting lessons.
- In 1977, she was spotted by a talent scout while performing in an Off-Broadway musical called The New York City Street Show and was subsequently cast in the 1978 drama film Nunzio.
- Theresa co-starred as Grace Corrigan, a Beatles fan, in the 1978 historical comedy film I Wanna Hold Your Hand.
- She was cast as Lenora LaMotta, Joey’s second wife, in the 1980 biographical sports drama film Raging Bull, starring Robert De Niro.
- Theresa Saldana was stalked by Arthur Richard Jackson, a 46-year-old drifter from Aberdeen, Scotland, who attacked her with a hunting knife at her home in 1982. Saldana was hospitalized with 10 stab wounds and underwent a 4-month hospital stay at the Motion Picture Hospital.
- She authored a book titled Beyond Survival, a memoir of her experiences after being attacked.
- From 1991 to 1996, she appeared as Rachel Scali (née Metzger), Tony’s wife, in the comedy-drama television series The Commish. This role got her nominated for a Golden Globe award in the “Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role” category in 1994.
- Theresa provided vocals to the character of Mame Slaughter in 2 episodes of the animated environmentalist superhero television series Captain Planet and the Planeteers in 1994.
Featured Image by Jim Accordino / Flickr / CC BY 3.0