|Thomas F. Wilson Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 15, 1959|
Thomas F. Wilson is a talented American actor, comedian, voice-over artist, podcaster, and painter. He is known for his role as Biff Tannen, Griff Tannen, and Buford “Mad Dog” Tannen in Back To The Future trilogy. His other notable roles include The Heat, The Informant!, Andersonville, Let’s Get Harry, April Fool’s Day, and Freaks and Geeks. His stand-up comedy acts such as Tom Wilson Live and Tom Wilson is Funny, have been released publically. Also, his paintings have been featured on Fox News, The Tonight Show, Good Morning America, and The Artist’s Studio.
Thomas Francis Wilson Jr.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Thomas F. Wilson attended the Radnor High School in Radnor, Pennsylvania, graduating in 1977. Later, he joined Arizona State University in Tempe, Arizona and studied international politics.
He also took acting lessons at The Philadelphia Company, The People’s Light and Theatre Company, and the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York City. Thomas also studied painting at the Art Academy of Los Angeles, the California Art Institute.
Actor, Comedian, Voice-Over Artist, Podcaster, Painter
- Father – Thomas Francis Wilson
- Mother – Anna May
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – George A. Wilson (Paternal Grandfather), Lelia Marie Kilroy (Paternal Grandmother), Edward Joseph Kelly (Maternal Grandfather), Anna May Carmany (Maternal Grandmother)
Thomas F. Wilson is managed by –
- Alex Murray and Jerilyn Novia, Managers, Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Steve Muller, Theatrical Representative, Innovative Artists, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Sandie Schnarr, Voice Over Representative, AVO Talent Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Thomas F. Wilson has dated –
- Caroline Wilson – Thomas has been in a relationship with Caroline Wilson. The couple tied the knot on July 6, 1985. They are blessed with 4 children – Anna May Wilson, Emily Wilson, Gracie Wilson, and Tommy Wilson.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Irish, German, and English ancestry.
- Tall height
- Long chin
- Luscious thick hair
Thomas F. Wilson has done endorsement work for brands like Kentucky Fried Chicken.
Best Known For
His numerous voice-over work and for portraying the role of Biff Tannen, Griff Tannen, and Buford “Mad Dog” Tannen in the Back to the Future (1985, 1989, and 1990) trilogy and the character of Coach Ben Fredricks on NBC’s Freaks and Geeks (1999-2000)
In 1985, he made his theatrical film debut in the action drama film Ninja Turf as Member of Spike’s Gang.
In 2004, he made his theatrical film debut as a voice actor by lending his voice for the character of Fish #3 / Tough Fish #1, Victor in the animated adventure film The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
First TV Show
In 1984, he made his first TV show appearance on the crime-drama series Knight Rider as Chip.
In 1991, he made his TV show debut as a voice-over artist on the animated adventure series Back to the Future as Biff H. Tannen / Gen. Beauregard Tannen.
Thomas F. Wilson Favorite Things
- Music – Samuel Barber’s Adagio for Strings and anything from Bruce Springsteen‘s Born to Run album
- Films – Field of Dreams (1989), Ninja Turf (1985)
- TV Show – Blossom (1990-1995)
- Authors – Mark Salzman, Stephen Ambrose, and Ethan Canin
Source – IGN
Thomas F. Wilson Facts
- He grew up in Wayne, Pennsylvania.
- He had an active school life and was a part of the dramatic art group, president of the debate team, played tuba in the high school band, and played the drum in the marching band.
- Thomas got his real break on stage as a comedian in New York.
- He has worked onstage as an improv artist and stand-up comedian at many clubs including Catch A Rising Star and Improv.
- After he moved to Los Angeles, he performed regularly in The Comedy Store show and appeared on The Tonight Show with both Johnny Carson and Jay Leno, Late Night with David Letterman, Conan, and The Meltdown on Comedy Central.
- He drew his character of bully Biff Tannen in the Back to the Future (1985) trilogy, from his own experience of being bullied as a child.
- Thomas’s team has received many of Tom Wilson’s, creator of the Ziggy comic strip, fanmails as they share the same name.
- He had once shared rooms with notable comedians Sam Kinison and Andrew Dice Clay.
- Thomas is known for painting portraits of classic children’s toys.
- In 2006, he was chosen to join the “California Featured Artists Series” at Disneyland.
- The biggest influencers on his career have been the advent of “Talkies” and his parents and high school theatre teacher.
- In November 2011, he began hosting a podcast show Big Pop Fun, on the Nerdist Network.
- Many of his artwork has become a collection of the San Jose Museum of Art, the California Museum of Photography, Disney, Mr. Judd Apatow, O Entertainment, and many more around the world.
- Visit his official website @ www.tomwilsonusa.com.
- Follow him on Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Thomas F. Wilson / Instagram