|Thomas Gibson Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||July 3, 1962|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Thomas Gibson is an American actor, voice actor, director, producer, and writer who is known for his television roles like playing Daniel Nyland in the CBS medical drama series Chicago Hope, Greg Montgomery in the ABC sitcom Dharma & Greg, and Aaron Hotchner in the CBS police procedural crime drama series Criminal Minds. Moreover, Thomas Gibson has also appeared in a variety of other on-screen projects which include shows and movies like Two and a Half Men, Love and Human Remains, As the World Turns, Hot in Cleveland, I’ll Believe You, Caroline in the City, The Age of Innocence, Guiding Light, Manhood, Men of War, Barcelona, A Will of their Own, Sleep with Me, In from the Night, Far and Away, Jack the Dog, Tales of the City, More Tales of the City, The Kennedys of Massachusetts, Eyes Wide Shut, Sin City Spectacular, Psycho Beach Party, Stone Cold, The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas, Stardom, Come Away Home, Another World, The Devil’s Child, Category 6: Day of Destruction, and To Love, Honor and Deceive.
Thomas Ellis Gibson
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
San Antonio, Texas, United States
As a child, Thomas attended the Little Theater School in Lynn, Massachusetts.
He also studied at Bishop England High School in Charleston, South Carolina.
From 1979 to 1981, Gibson went to the College of Charleston and became an Alabama Shakespeare Festival intern.
He won a scholarship to the Juilliard’s Drama Division at the Juilliard School and completed his graduation in Fine Arts. He was in Group 14 in the 1981-1985 batch at Juilliard’s.
Actor, voice actor, film producer, writer, and director
- Father – Charles M. “Mac” (Lawyer, Liberal Democrat)
- Mother – Beth Gibson (Social Worker)
- Others – Charles Ellis Gibson (Paternal Grandfather), Helen Bennett Woodcock (Paternal Grandmother), Gerald Michael Carter (Maternal Grandfather), Elizabeth Broening (Maternal Grandmother)
He has been signed with –
- Paradigm Talent Agency
- More / Medavoy Management, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
His net worth has been $18 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
85 kg or 187 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Thomas Gibson has dated –
- Christine Gibson (1993-2018) – Thomas started dating Christine in 1993. The couple separated in 2011 and the actor filed for divorce in 2014. On February 14, 2018, they were legally separated as the divorce was finalized. The couple has three children together namely, sons James Parker Gibson (b. June 23, 1999) and Travis Carter Gibson (b. July 1, 2002) and a daughter Agatha Marie Gibson (b. April 28, 2004).
Race / Ethnicity
Thomas Gibson is of English, Irish, Scottish, and Welsh descent on his father’s side and has Irish and German roots on his mother’s side.
- Deep baritone voice
- Rarely seen smiling on Criminal Minds
Best Known For
The CBS series Chicago Hope in which he portrayed the role of Daniel Nyland, the ABC series Dharma & Greg as Greg Montgomery, and the CBS series Criminal Minds as Aaron Hotchner
In 1992, the actor first appeared in Ron Howard’s Far and Away in the role of Stephen Chase.
First TV Show
In 1987, Thomas guest appeared in CBS legal drama series Leg Work as Robbie.
Thomas Gibson does not have a personal trainer. He is not too much into gymming but is a Pilates fan. According to an interview with Men’s Health, he daily exercises on The Reformer machine and works out religiously as it is good for his back and core.
Thomas Gibson Favorite Things
- Actor – Louis Armstrong
- Sports – Golf
- City – Charleston
Thomas Gibson Facts
- Thomas was just nine years old when he began acting in children’s theater.
- During his teenage years, the actor started his classical theater training and enrolled in the Young Charleston Theater Company and the Footlight Players. He often did stage performances at the historic Dock Street Theater.
- Before becoming an actor, Gibson worked at the Tavern on the Green, where he waited tables.
- In 1998, the TV Guide named him TVs Best Dressed personality.
- Golfer Corey Pavin is a good friend of Thomas’s.
- He annually plays golf at the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am and many other golf events.
- The actor was a co-host at the 2nd Annual SAG Foundation Golf Classic along with his Criminal Minds co-star Joe Mantegna.
- Thomas’s son Travis was a part of the Criminal Minds season 10 episode Boxed In. He portrayed the Kidnapped Kid’s friend in the episode.
- In 2010, he was the winner of the Under-appreciated Entertainer of the Year Award in an online poll conducted by Entertainment Weekly.
- He provided vocals to the character of Slade Wilson/Deathstroke in the 2014 animated superhero film Son of Batman, the 19th film of the DC Universe Animated Original Movies and the 3rd film in the DC Animated Movie Universe.
- He was fired from Criminal Minds in 2016 after a fight on the sets.
- Thomas’s stage debut happened with David Hare’s A Map of the World at the New York Shakespeare Festival.