|Thomas Gibson Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||July 3, 1962|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Thomas Ellis Gibson
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
San Antonio, Texas, United States
As a child, Thomas attended the Little Theater School in Lynn, Massachusetts.
He also studied at Bishop England High School in Charleston, South Carolina.
From 1979 to 1981, Gibson went to the College of Charleston and became an Alabama Shakespeare Festival intern.
He won a scholarship to the Juilliard’s Drama Division at the Juilliard School and completed his graduation in Fine Arts. He was in Group 14 in the 1981-1985 batch at Juilliard’s.
Actor, film producer, and director
- Father – Charles M. “Mac” (Lawyer, Liberal Democrat)
- Mother – Beth Gibson (Social Worker)
He is managed by Paradigm Talent Agency.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
85 kg or 187 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Thomas Gibson dated –
- Christine Gibson (1993-2018) – Thomas started dating Christine in 1993. The couple separated in 2011 and the actor filed for divorce in 2014. On February 14, 2018, they were legally separated as the divorce was finalized. The couple has three children together namely, son James Parker, son Travis Carter, and daughter Agatha Marie.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Irish, Scottish, English, and Welsh ancestry.
- Deep baritone voice
- Rarely seen smiling on Criminal Minds
Best Known For
The CBS series Chicago Hope in which he portrayed the role of Daniel Nyland, ABC series Dharma & Greg as Greg Montgomery and CBS series Criminal Minds as Aaron Hotchner.
In 1992, the actor first appeared in Ron Howard’s Far and Away in the role of Stephen Chase.
First TV Show
In 1987, Thomas guest appeared in CBS legal drama series Leg Work as Robbie.
Thomas Gibson does not have a personal trainer. He is not too much into gymming but is a Pilates fan. According to an interview with Men’s Health, he daily exercises on The Reformer machine and works out religiously as it is good for his back and core.
Thomas Gibson Favorite Things
- Actor – Louis Armstrong
- Sports – Golf
- City – Charleston
Thomas Gibson Facts
- Thomas was just nine years old when he began acting in children’s theater.
- During his teenage years, the actor started his classical theater training and enrolled into the Young Charleston Theater Company and the Footlight Players. He often did stage performances at the historic Dock Street Theater.
- Before becoming an actor, Gibson worked at the Tavern on the Green, where he waited tables.
- In 1998, the TV Guide named him TVs Best Dressed personality.
- Golfer Corey Pavin is a good friend of Thomas’s.
- He annually plays golf at the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am and many other golf events.
- The actor was a co-host at the 2nd Annual SAG Foundation Golf Classic along with his Criminal Minds co-star Joe Mantegna.
- Thomas’s son Travis was a part of the Criminal Minds season 10 episode Boxed In. He portrayed the Kidnapped Kid’s friend in the episode.
- In 2010, he was the winner of the Under-appreciated Entertainer of the Year Award in an online poll conducted by Entertainment Weekly.
- He was fired from Criminal Minds in 2016 after a fight on the sets.
- Thomas’s stage debut happened with David Hare’s A Map of the World at the New York Shakespeare Festival.