|Thomas Middleditch Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||March 10, 1982|
Thomas Middleditch is a Canadian comedian, actor, and screenwriter who is best known for portraying the character of Richard Hendricks in the comedy TV series Silicon Valley (2014–2019). For his work on the show, he had been nominated for both the Critics’ Choice Television Awards and the Satellite Awards in 3 different calendar years (2014, 2015, 2017). He was also nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award in 2016 and eventually won a Satellite Award in 2020 in the category of ‘Best Actor – Television Series Musical or Comedy’. Besides Richard Hendricks, he has also played characters such as Penn Zero in the animated TV series Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero (2014-2017), Terry in the adult animated sitcom Solar Opposites (2020-Present), and Drew Dunbar in the sitcom B Positive (2020-Present).
Thomas Steven Middleditch
Nelson, Central Kootenay, British Columbia, Canada
Los Angeles, California, United States
Thomas, after his high school graduation, had studied theatre at the University of Victoria, a public research university in British Columbia, Canada. He had, however, dropped out before completing the course.
He had later auditioned for and enrolled in the George Brown Theatre School, a drama school in Toronto, but never began his course.
Comedian, Actor, Screenwriter
- Others – Morton Alfred Middleditch (Paternal Grandfather), Gwendolen Moore (Paternal Grandmother)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Thomas has dated –
- Mollie Gates (2012–2020) – Thomas had started dating costume designer Mollie Gates in 2012. The couple got engaged in June 2015 and were married on August 22, 2015, in a ceremony in Thomas’s hometown of Nelson. He had mentioned in a 2019 interview, given to Playboy magazine, that the couple was in an open relationship and their acceptance and practice of swinging had saved their marriage on more than one occasion. In May 2020, Mollie had filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English descent.
- Slender frame
- Tousled, wavy hair
- Sports a rugged beard
- Affable smile
Thomas has been featured in the TV commercials for the American telecommunications company Verizon Wireless.
Thomas Middleditch Facts
- A shy kid in his school days, Thomas had revealed in an interview that his life turned around when he was cast in a play when he was in the 8th grade. It had helped him transition from an introvert who would often get bullied to becoming the popular kid in high school.
- After he had opted not to start his course at the George Brown Theatre School, he had started to develop and create sketches on his own. During this time, he used to work at a local New Balance store to supplement his income.
- In March 2021, a Los Angeles Times exposé had alleged that he was one among several men who had been accused of s*xual harassment at Cloak & Dagger, a Los Angeles-based goth club. A group of 10 women, 4 of whom were former employees of the club, had shared stories about multiple incidents of s*xual misconduct there which were repeatedly ignored by the co-owners of the club.
- He is a licensed pilot.
Featured Image by Thomas Middleditch / Instagram