|Timo Glock Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 18, 1982|
Timo Glock is a German professional racing driver who has primarily competed in the Formula One World Championship (2004, 2008-2012) and the Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters (2013-Present). He had started his single-seater racing career in 2000 and impressed immediately by winning the ADAC Formula Junior Cup (2000) and the Formula BMW ADAC championship (2001). He then finished 3rd at the 2002 German Formula 3 Championship and 5th at the 2003 Formula 3 Euro Series; performances which helped earn a test driver spot with the Jordan Ford team for the 2004 F1 season. He even managed to compete in 4 races that season after incumbent Giorgio Pantano’s contract dispute with the team. Timo then competed in the GP2 Series, the level immediately below Formula One, and impressed again by finishing 4th in 2006 and 1st in 2007 after which he was re-included in the F1 fold. He had finished 10th in the 2008 and 2009 F1 seasons; and 5th in the 2018 Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters championship.
Lindenfels, Bergstraße, Hesse, Germany
Professional Racing Driver
16 – Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters
Formula One Teams
Timo has raced for –
- Jordan Ford (2004)
- BMW Sauber F1 Team (2007) (Test Driver)
- Panasonic Toyota Racing (2008-2009)
- Virgin Racing (2010)
- Marussia Virgin Racing (2011)
- Marussia F1 Team (2012)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Timo has dated –
- Isabell Reis (2008-Present) – Timo began dating German model Isabell Reis in 2008 and they got married in the early 2010s. They have 2 children together – a son named Mika and a daughter named Leni.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of German descent.
- Toned physique
- Sports a rugged beard
- Tousled hair
- Affable smile
Timo Glock Facts
- When he finished 3rd at the 2002 German Formula 3 Championship, he was honored with the ‘Rookie of the Year’ award.
- In 2005, he had temporarily moved to the United States to compete in the Champ Car World Series and had finished in 8th place. There too, he had won the ‘Rookie of the Year’ award.
- In the last race of the 2008 F1 season, the Brazilian Grand Prix, Lewis Hamilton (94) and Felipe Massa (87) were engaged in a battle for the championship with Lewis needing at least a 5th-place finish to seal the title. A late burst of rain had forced most teams to switch to wet-tyres but Timo had decided to continue racing with dry tires. This helped him initially as he moved from 7th to 4th place even as Lewis fell behind and was 6th with 3 laps to go.
- However, Timo’s advantage began to wear off soon as both Lewis and Sebastian Vettel overtook him on the final corner of the last lap. By this time, Massa had crossed the chequered flag in 1st place and was the world champion for a precious few moments. However, Lewis’ passing of Timo at the fag end of the race had helped him finish the race in 5th place and win the title by just 1 point over Massa. Timo was painted as a villain by F1 fans across the world, especially in Brazil, as they felt that he had cost Brazilian Massa a well-deserved title.
Featured Image by Timo Glock / Instagram