|Tobias Menzies Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||March 7, 1974|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Tobias Menzies is an English actor having performed in several plays like the Royal Theatre‘s production of the tragi-comedy Arcadia (2002) where he portrayed the role of Valentine Coverly and appeared in numerous TV shows such as Rome (2005–2007) where he played the part of Marcus Junius Brutus and Outlander (2014–2018) in which he featured in the dual roles of Frank Randall and Jonathan “Black Jack” Randall, his performance earning him a Golden Globe Award nomination. He has also starred in a number of movies including Una (2016) where he essayed the character of Mark and has portrayed Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh in Netflix’s series The Crown that began airing in 2019.
Hanan Tobias Simpson Menzies
Hammersmith, London, England, United Kingdom
He attended the Perry Court Rudolf Steiner School in Canterbury in Kent, where he was trained in the Steiner System. After that, he went to Frensham Heights School located near Farnham in Surrey. He went on to go to Deborah Moody’s Year Out Drama Company in Stratford-Upon-Avon, from 1993 to 1994, following which he enrolled in the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, graduating with a BA Degree in Acting in 1998. He then took part in improvisation workshops through The Spontaneity Shop, that was a part of a graduate program through RADA.
- Father – Peter Menzies (BBC Radio Producer)
- Mother – Gillian née Simpson Menzies (English Literature and Drama Teacher)
- Siblings – Luke Menzies (Younger Brother) (Solicitor)
He is represented by –
- Conway Van Gelder Grant Ltd.
- Paradigm Talent Agency
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Kristin Scott Thomas (2005) – He briefly dated actress Kristin Scott Thomas.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English and Scottish ancestry.
- Defined jawline
- Thin lips
- Sharp nose
- Cheerful smile
Tobias Menzies Favorite Things
- Passion – Acting in small theaters, having loved the dynamics of performing there as a better rapport can be developed with the audience, there being intimate spaces and everyone in the same room to communicate and connect with
Source – TVOverMind
Tobias Menzies Facts
- The name “Menzies” is Scottish and Tobias has added that it was originally pronounced as “Mingis”.
- Tobias had been athletic in his childhood and had mastered several sports including tennis and sword fighting. He has disclosed that tennis was his first love and he would have gone for pro tennis if he had not begun acting. He has still unwound with tennis.
- Tobias had developed a love of acting when he was a teenager, having revealed that it began with regular trips, he would take to the local theater productions with his mother.
- Tobias has revealed that he has been highly interested in people who are just incredible actors, although they may not be hugely famous.
- When asked about the meal he would cook for a romantic dinner, he has stated that it would have to be a very tasty and classic Italian type of dish and that while working on the show Rome and eating out in Rome, he learned that they have sparse amounts of sauce that are delicious, a fine bottle of wine, along with a salad. He would choose that combination and has affirmed his love for an amazing salad.
- In September 2021, Tobias won an Emmy award for “Outstanding Supporting Drama Actor” for his role as Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh in Netflix’s drama series, The Crown.
Featured Image by Tobias Menzies Fans / Instagram