|Timothy Dalton Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1.5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 21, 1946|
Timothy Dalton is an English actor who rose to fame by his role as James Bond in the 1987 British spy film, The Living Daylights, Prince Rupert in the 1970 biography drama-history film Cromwell, and as Mark in the 1970 film The Voyeur. He appeared as Simon Skinner in the 2007 action-comedy film, Hot Fuzz.
Timothy Leonard Dalton Leggett
Tim, The Daltonator, T-Dalt
Colwyn Bay, Wales, United Kingdom
Dalton divides his time between London and Los Angeles.
Dalton went to Herbert Strutt Grammar School before joining the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art. He enrolled at Birmingham Repertory Theatre.
- Father – Peter Dalton Leggett (Captain of special operations during World War II, Advertising Executive)
- Mother – Dorothy Scholes
- Siblings – Suzzane Dalton (Sister), Mark Dalton (Brother), Annabelle Dalton (Sister), Stephen Dalton (Brother)
- Others – Albert Joseph Leggett (Paternal Grandfather), Amelia Vokes Hodgkiss (Paternal Grandmother)
Timothy Dalton is represented by Independent Talent Group Ltd.
6 ft 1.5 in or 186.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Timothy Dalton has dated –
- Denice D. Lewis – Timothy Dalton and American actress Denice D. Lewis had a short term relationship in the past.
- Vanessa Redgrave (1971-1986) – Dalton and English actress Vanessa Redgrave began dating in 1971. The couple ended their relationship in 1986.
- Kate Fitzpatrick (1972) – Timothy and an American TV actress Kate Fitzpatrick had an encounter in 1972.
- Whoopi Goldberg (1990-1991) – Dalton began dating actress Whoopi Goldberg in 1990 and parted their ways after a short period.
- Oksana Grigorieva (1995-2003) – Dalton and a Russian singer-songwriter Oksana Grigorieva started dating each other in 1995. The couple has a son named Alexander (b. 1997). In 2003, both Oksana and Dalton got separated.
Race / Ethnicity
Timothy is of English descent on his father’s side and has Italian-Irish ancestry on his mother’s side.
With advancing age, Dalton’s hair has turned Gray.
- Towering height
- Thick Eyebrows
Timothy Dalton has appeared in the Printed ads for luxury Swiss watches in 2007. He also did an endorsement work in a TV commercial for Lark cigarettes (Japan).
Best Known For
- Playing James Bond in the 1987 British spy film, The Living Daylights
- Enacting Simon Skinner in the 2007 action-comedy film Hot Fuzz
Timothy Dalton made his theatrical film debut as the King Philip of France in the 1968 film The Lion in Winter.
First TV Show
Timothy made his first TV show appearance in 1967 on the drama series Sat’day While Sunday as Peter.
Timothy Dalton Favorite Things
- Team – Manchester City F.C.
Source – Wikipedia
Timothy Dalton Facts
- He has both American and English citizenship.
- Timothy is known to star in several BBC series.
- He started acting at the age of 16.
- He refused to play Aramis in 1973 film, The Three Musketeers.
- Dalton began his professional acting career in 1968 in the film The Lion in Winter.
- He was considered to play Ross Poldark on the 1975 drama series Poldark, but later, Robin Ellis played the role.
- Tim started working as a theatre actor in 1971.
- He is a big fan of Manchester City F.C and has been spotted a number of times at the City of Manchester Stadium.
- He left the theatre in 1978 after getting starred in an American film Sextette.
- Dalton was selected to play the real-life British Prime Minister William Lamb in the 1972 biographical film Lady Caroline Lamb. However, he was replaced by Jon Finch at the last moment.
- As James Bond, Timothy has appeared in several films and movies.
- He was considered for the role of Don Alfonso de la Torré in the 1986 Franco-Tunisian adventure comedy film Pirates.
- In 1979, Dalton played the role of Damien Roth, a spoilt millionaire in an episode of the television series Charlie’s Angels.
- He has worked with the Royal Shakespeare Company and other significant groups worldwide.
- Timothy Dalton does not have any verified social media account.
Featured Image by Flicks And The City / YouTube