|Tobe Nwigwe Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||March 8, 1987|
|Spouse||Martica ‘Fat’ Nwigwe|
Tobe Nwigwe is an American rapper, singer, and actor who has published numerous albums and LPs such as Tobe From The Swat mp3 (2017), The Originals (2018), More Originals (2018), Three Originals (2019), Fouriginals (2019), Tobe From The Swat/The Live Experience (2019), Cincoriginals (2020), and moMINTs (2022). He has also released EPs titled The Pandemic Project (2020) and At the Crib Arrangements (2021). Tobe was nominated in the ‘Best New Artist’ category at the 65th Grammy Awards – held in February 2023. He also played the character of Nick in a comedy-drama streaming series titled Mo that premiered in August 2022 on Netflix.
Tobechukwu Dubem Nwigwe
Alief, Harris County, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Tobe had attended the Elsik High School in Alief, a suburb in Southwest Harris County, Texas, and played American football there. After his high school graduation, he joined The University of North Texas (UNT), a public research university in Denton, Texas, in 2005.
There, between 2006 and 2009, he represented the North Texas Mean Green American football team. He had redshirted (a practice in US college athletics to delay/suspend an athlete’s participation to lengthen their eligibility period) his initial year (2005).
Rapper, Singer, Actor
- Father – Cyril Nwigwe (Entrepreneur)
- Mother – Victoria Nwigwe
- Siblings – Joel Nwigwe (Brother) (Former College-Level American Football Player), Nell Nwigwe (Sister) (Producer)
44 – North Texas Mean Green
Hip Hop, Rap
- ETA Records
- TOBE NWIGWE
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tobe has dated –
- Martica ‘Fat’ Nwigwe (2017-Present) – Tobe and Martica (born Martica Ivory Rogers) grew close to each other while she was working with his non-profit organization called TeamGINI. The couple got engaged in February 2017 and they got married in December 2017. Martica is also a rapper and the pair often collaborates during stage shows and concerts. Tobe and Martica have 4 children together – 2 daughters named Ivory ‘Baby Fat’ Nwigwe (b. June 2019) and Sage Isioma ‘Poo’ Nwigwe (b. April 2020), and 2 sons named Chukwueze Okwudunaogbo Nwigwe (b. August 2021) and Chikodili ‘Big Chiko’ Ejikemeuwa Nwigwe (b. April 2023).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Nigerian (Igbo) descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Sports a thick beard
- Cheerful smile
Tobe Nwigwe Facts
- Tobe’s college football career (2006-2009) meant that he was in consideration for an entry in the annual draft of the NFL (National Football League, the highest professional level of American football in the world). However, a Lisfranc ligament (one of several ligaments in a human foot) tear abruptly ended his football career.
- Shattered but not completely broken by the life-altering event, Tobe founded a non-profit organization called TeamGINI that helps families in need attain financial literacy and ultimately, financial independence. GINI stands for ‘Gini Bu Nkpa Gi?’ a phrase in his native Igbo language that loosely translates to ‘What’s your purpose?’.
- He eventually turned to a career in music after receiving encouragement from renowned American motivational speaker, author, consultant, and minister Eric D. Thomas.
- In August 2016, Tobe started posting an original song and/or video almost every Sunday on various social media platforms – developing a following primarily via YouTube and Instagram.
- In August 2019, he was featured on PJ Morton‘s album Paul.
- In 2020, he released a new EP titled The Pandemic Project.
Featured Image by Tobe Nwigwe / Instagram