|Tom Aspinall Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 11, 1993|
Tom Aspinall is an English professional mixed martial artist who began competing in the heavyweight division of the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship – an American mixed martial arts promotion company that is considered to be the largest of its kind and the most prestigious in the world) in July 2020. As of mid-November 2023, he had amassed a 7-1 win-loss record in the promotion and won 6 ‘UFC Bonus Awards’ – ‘Performance of the Night’ (six times). He also won the interim UFC Heavyweight Championship in November 2023. As of mid-November 2023, Tom was ranked 14th in the UFC men’s pound-for-pound rankings. Before joining UFC in July 2020, he had put together a 7-2 win-loss record (between December 2014 and September 2019), competing in promotions such as MMA Versus UK, BAMMA (British Association of Mixed Martial Arts), Full Contact Contender, and Cage Warriors. During this phase of his career, in June 2017, he had also participated in and won a solitary professional boxing bout (via knockout). Tom holds a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (a self-defense martial art and combat sport based on grappling, ground fighting, and submission holds).
Thomas Paul Aspinall
Tom, Two Beers, Honey Badger
Wigan, Greater Manchester, England, United Kingdom
England, United Kingdom
Tom had completed his high school education when he was 16 years old.
Professional Mixed Martial Artist
- Father – Andy Aspinall (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Instructor)
- Mother – Catherine Aspinall
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
119 kg or 262.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tom has dated –
- Justynagro Aspinall – Through his long-term marriage to Justynagro, a woman of Polish descent, Tom has 3 children.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of British descent.
- Toned physique
- Towering frame
- Side-cropped, wavy hair
- Sports a goatee
- Has his entire upper chest and both his hands covered in tattoos
He has been sponsored by The Gym King Limited, a British multifunctional athleisure clothing brand.
Tom Aspinall Facts
- Tom began getting trained in martial arts when he was about 7 years old – at a self-defense studio in his hometown of Wigan. He initially trained in Jiu-Jitsu (a family of Japanese martial arts and a system of close combat) and later shifted to wrestling and boxing.
- He eventually transitioned to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (a self-defense martial art and combat sport) and went on to win the British Open in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in all classes except black belt.
- Between December 2014 and June 2016, Tom had amassed a 5-2 professional win-loss record competing in multiple promotions across several venues in England. After this, he took a hiatus of more than 2 and a half years.
- Thereafter, he accumulated 2 wins (in February 2019 and September 2019) competing in another British promotion called Cage Warriors. He was eventually signed up by the UFC where he fought his first bout in July 2020.
- As of mid-November 2023, Tom had amassed a 7-1 win-loss record in the UFC – his only defeat was in July 2022 when he lost via technical knockout 15 seconds into the first round. This was after he was unable to continue due to a knee injury. In the aforementioned 7 UFC wins, he won the ‘Performance of the Night’ UFC Bonus Award 6 times.
- As of mid-November 2023, Tom had held the record for the shortest average fight time in UFC history (2:10). He was also ranked 4th in the list of the most knockdowns per 15 minutes in UFC history (3.46) and 3rd in the list of the highest number of significant strikes landed per minute in UFC history (7.72).
Featured Image by Tom Aspinall / Instagram