|Tom Curran Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||March 12, 1995|
Tom Curran is an English professional cricketer who has represented his country primarily in the limited-overs versions of the sport (ODIs and T20Is). He was a member of the English squad (although he did not get to play a single match in the tournament) that won the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup, the first time that England had achieved the feat. As of February 2021, he had also played 2 test matches for England, both as an injury replacement in the 2017–18 Ashes series. In the English domestic circuit, he has played for Surrey County Cricket Club (2013–Present) across all 3 formats.
Thomas Kevin Curran
Cape Town, South Africa
London, England, United Kingdom
Tom had attended the Springvale House School, an independent, preparatory school in Mashonaland East, Zimbabwe, and the prestigious St George’s College, a private Jesuit boys high school in Harare, Zimbabwe.
His early excellence in local cricket had allowed him to then join the Hilton College, a private boarding school for boys in KwaZulu-Natal that is considered to be the most expensive school in South Africa. In September 2012, after he had been invited to play cricket for the 2nd XI of Surrey County Cricket Club, he had taken a transfer to Wellington College, an independent school in Berkshire, England.
- Father – Kevin Malcolm ‘KC’ Curran (Former Coach, Former Zimbabwean Professional Cricketer) (d. October 10, 2012)
- Mother – Sarah Curran
- Siblings – Benjamin Jack ‘Ben’ Curran (Younger Brother) (Professional Cricketer), Samuel Matthew ‘Sam’ Curran (Younger Brother) (Professional Cricketer)
- Others – Kevin Patrick Curran (Paternal Grandfather) (Former Cricketer) (d. August 23, 2017)
59 – One Day International (ODI), T20 International (T20I), Surrey (English Domestic Cricket), Kolkata Knight Riders (IPL), Sydney Sixers (BBL), Rajasthan Royals (IPL)
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tom has dated –
- Tatiana Sharpe
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Side-parted, spiked hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
- Has inscriptions tattooed on both his arms
He has been sponsored by the sports goods manufacturing giant Adidas.
Tom Curran Facts
- Owing to his birth in South Africa, his lengthy residence in Zimbabwe in his childhood, and the completion of his residential qualification for England in October 2015, Tom was in a unique situation where he was eligible to play international cricket for all 3 of the aforementioned countries.
- His selection in the ‘England Performance Programme’ squad in September 2015 was the key factor in his decision to choose to play for England internationally.
- For his performances for Surrey across formats in 2015, he had won the ‘Cricket Writers’ Club Young Cricketer of the Year’ award.
- A bustling frontline pace bowler who is handy with the bat in the lower order, he has represented several T20 franchises around the world including Kolkata Knight Riders (2018), Rajasthan Royals (2019-2020), and Delhi Capitals (2021-Present) in the IPL (Indian Premier League); and Sydney Sixers (2018-19–2019-20) in the BBL (Big Bash League).
- Earlier that year, playing for Surrey in a match against Northamptonshire, he and his younger brother Sam had shared all 10 wickets in an innings.
Featured Image by Tom Curran / Instagram