|Sam Curran Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||June 3, 1998|
Sam Curran is an English cricketer who was considered to be one of 5 breakout cricketers of 2018. Besides that, Sam plays for both the England national team as well as the Surrey County Cricket Club. With time, Sam has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 250k followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Samuel Matthew Curran
Northampton, Northamptonshire, England, United Kingdom
Sam studied at the Springvale House in Marondera. Later, he attended St. George’s College in Harare before studying at Berkshire’s Wellington College.
- Father – Kevin Curran (Former Zimbabwean International Cricketer)
- Mother – Sarah Curran
- Siblings – Ben Curran (Older Brother) (Cricketer), Tom Curran (Older Brother) (Cricketer)
- Others – Kevin Patrick Curran (Paternal Grandfather) (Rhodesian Cricketer)
Sam is represented by Footprint.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sam Curran has dated –
- Isabella Symonds-Willmott
Race / Ethnicity
- Strong jawline
- Lean physique
- Thin lips
Through his social media, Sam has either promoted or endorsed various brands including ASW Graffiti and Adidas.
Sam Curran Facts
- He was raised alongside his older brothers Ben and Tom Curran in Northampton, England.
- Tom Curran was the only one to be born in Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa.
- Sam was raised in a family of passionate cricketers. His father Kevin played internationally for Zimbabwe and his grandfather Kevin Patrick Curran played for Rhodesia.
- Sam resided on a farm with his family in Rusape, Zimbabwe until it was seized by the government in 2004.
- He is a left-handed batsman and left-arm medium-fast bowler.
- Sam played for the Surrey County Cricket Club at the “Under-15”, “Under-17”, and “Second XI Championship”.
- In 2014, Sam played for Weybridge at the “Surrey Championship Premier Division”.
- Former cricketer Alec Stewart was very taken up with the way Curran played during when he was 17 years old.
- On June 19, 2015, Curran played his first Twenty20 match against Kent at The Oval. A month later, he played his debut first-class match against the same team at a County Championship.
- He contributed his skills to the “Auckland Aces” for the 2017–18 Super Smash.
- Sam was named on the England Test team on May 30, 2018, as a replacement to Ben Stokes and played his first debut match on June 1 that year at the Headingley Cricket Ground.
- In December 2018, Sam the Kings XI Punjab bought him at an astonishing INR 7.20 crore for the 2019 Indian Premier League.
- Sam played his first One Day International match against Australia on June 24, 2018.
- He was one of the either people that were announced as the International Cricket Council’s must-watch players.
- Sam was chosen by the Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack 2019 edition of their Wisden Cricketers of the Year.
- During his stint with the Kings XI Punjab in 2018, he was named the youngest player to take a hat-trick in the IPL.
- At the 2020 Indian Premier League, he was auctioned out to the Chennai Super Kings.
Featured Image By Sam Curran / Instagram