|Alex Turner Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||January 6, 1986|
Alex Turner is an English musician, singer, songwriter, and record producer best known as the frontman and principal songwriter of the rock band Arctic Monkeys, formed in Sheffield in 2002. The band has released albums, extended plays, and tracks like Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not, Five Minutes with Arctic Monkeys, AM, Humbug, Suck It and See, Favourite Worst Nightmare, Tranquility Base Hotel & Casino, I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor, When the Sun Goes Down, Leave Before the Lights Come On, One for the Road, Why’d You Only Call Me When You’re High?, Do I Wanna Know?, R U Mine?, Fluorescent Adolescent, Brianstorm, and Don’t Sit Down ‘Cause I’ve Moved Your Chair. Moreover, Alex Turner has also been a part of the supergroup called The Last Shadow Puppets, with whom he has released albums, EPs, and tracks like The Age of the Understatement, Everything You’ve Come to Expect, My Mistakes Were Made for You, Standing Next to Me, The Dream Synopsis, Bad Habits, and Aviation. As a solo artist, Alex released his debut EP Submarine in 2011.
Alexander David Turner
High Green, Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
He attended Stocksbridge High School, Sheffield from 1997 to 2002. Then, he studied at Barnsley College but dropped out for a year in order to focus on his music career.
Singer, songwriter, musician, record producer
- Father – David Turner (Music Teacher)
- Mother – Penny Turner (German Teacher)
- Siblings – None
- Others – Clifford Eric Moreton Druce (Maternal Grandfather), Marjorie J. Withers (Maternal Grandmother)
Alex Turner has been signed with Wildlife Entertainment, Ltd.
Indie rock, baroque pop, garage rock, psychedelic rock, post-punk revival
Vocals, bass guitar, guitar, keyboards, percussion, piano
His net worth had been $25 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 7½ in or 171½ cm
66 kg or 145½ pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alex Turner has dated –
- Lauren Bradwell (2004) – He had a short-termed romance with Lauren Bradwell from March 2004 to July 2004.
- Johanna Bennett (2005-2007) – Alex started dating songwriter Johanna Bennett in 2005. She co-wrote the song “Fluorescent Adolescent” and the songs “505” and “Do Me a Favour” were also inspired by Johanna. The couple separated in January 2007.
- Miles Kane (2007) – When Miles’ band (The Rascals) and Alex’s band (Arctic Monkeys) performed together in 2007, the two of these were RUMORed to be dating.
- Alexa Chung (2007-2011) – Model and presenter Alexa and Alex were in a 4 year-long relationship from April 2007 to July 2011. The duo lived in both New York and London.
- Arielle Vandenberg (2011-2014) – On August 16, 2011, Alex started dating American actor Arielle Vandenberg. She also appeared in Arctic Monkeys’ music video “R U Mine”. The couple split in 2014.
- Taylor Bagley (2015-2018) – In May 2015, Alex started dating American model Taylor Bagley. They dated for more than 3 years and called it quits towards the end of 2018.
- Louise Verneuil (2018-Present) – After ending things with Taylor, Alex was spotted with French singer Louise Verneuil on multiple dates in 2018. Some of the fans have pointed out that Louise bears a resemblance with Alex’s ex-girlfriend Alexa Chung. They are going well together.
Race / Ethnicity
Alex Turner is of English and Scottish descent.
The original sense of humor
Best Known For
Being a lead vocalist, songwriter, guitarist of the English indie rock band Arctic Monkeys.
Via his band Arctic Monkeys, Turner released the debut album titled Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not on January 23, 2006. They were able to sell 360,000 copies of the album in the first week of its release and hence, successfully made the record for the fastest-selling debut album in British music history.
It charted at #1 in UK, Australia, and Ireland, #24 in USA and others. It was certified as 5x Platinum in the UK, Platinum in Australia, and likewise. More than 1,500,000 copies were sold, just in the UK and 300,000+ copies in the USA.
Alex Turner Facts
- Alex has a baritone vocal range.
- He can also speak German.
- He is not on the micro-blogging website Twitter.
- Turner took piano lessons as a child.
- As a child, he used to listen to lots of Roots Manuva raps.
- He received his first guitar during Christmas of 2001.
- He has also worked at Sheffield venue, The Boardwalk as a barman.
- He had planned to study English at Manchester University if Arctic Monkeys was not successful.
- He smokes cigarettes.
- On March 18, 2011, Alex released an EP called Submarine.
- He himself is not on social media.