Alexander David Turner
High Green, Sheffield, England
He attended Stocksbridge High School, Sheffield from 1997 to 2002. Then, he studied at Barnsley College but dropped out for a year in order to focus on his music career.
Singer, songwriter, musician
- Father – David Turner (Music Teacher)
- Mother – Penny Turner (German Teacher)
- Siblings – None
Wildlife Entertainment, Ltd.
Indie rock, baroque pop, garage rock, psychedelic rock, post-punk revival
Vocals, bass guitar, guitar, keyboards, percussion, piano
5 ft 7½ in or 171½ cm
66 kg or 145½ pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alex Turner dated –
- Johanna Bennett (2005-2007) – Alex started dating the songwriter, Johanna Bennett in 2005. She co-wrote the song “Fluorescent Adolescent” and the songs “505” and “Do Me a Favour” were also inspired by Johanna. The couple separated in January 2007.
- Miles Kane (2007) – When Miles’ band (The Rascals) and Alex’s band (Arctic Monkeys) performed together in 2007, the two of these were RUMORed to be dating.
- Alexa Chung (2007-2011) – Model and presenter, Alexa and Alex were in a 4 year-long relationship from April 2007 to July 2011. The duo lived in both New York and London.
- Arielle Vandenberg (2011-2014) – On August 16, 2011, Alex started dating American actress, Arielle Vandenberg. She also appeared in Arctic Monkeys’ music video “R U Mine”. The couple split in 2014.
- Taylor Bagley (2015-2018) – In May 2015, Alex started dating American model, Taylor Bagley. They dated for more than 3 years and called it quits towards the end of 2018.
- Louise Verneuil (2018-Present) – After ending things with Taylor, Alex was spotted with French singer, Louise Verneuil on multiple dates in 2018. Some of the fans have pointed out that Louise bears resemblance with Alex’s ex-girlfriend Alexa Chung. They are going good together.
Race / Ethnicity
The original sense of humor
Best Known For
Being a lead vocalist, songwriter, guitarist of the English indie rock band Arctic Monkeys.
Via his band Arctic Monkeys, Turner released the debut album titled Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not on January 23, 2006. They were able to sell 360,000 copies of the album in the first week of its release and hence, successfully made the record for the fastest-selling debut album in British music history.
It charted at #1 in UK, Australia and Ireland, #24 in USA and others. It was certified as 5x Platinum in UK, Platinum in Australia and likewise. More than 1,500,000 copies were sold, just in UK and 300,000+ copies in USA.
Alex Turner Facts
- Alex has a baritone vocal range.
- He can also speak German.
- He is not on the micro-blogging website Twitter.
- Turner took piano lessons as a child.
- As a child, he used to listen to lots of Roots Manuva raps.
- He received his first guitar during Christmas of 2001.
- He has also worked at Sheffield venue, The Boardwalk as a barman.
- He had planned to study English at Manchester University if Arctic Monkeys was not successful.
- He smokes cigarettes.
- On March 18, 2011, Alex released an EP called Submarine.
- Follow his band Arctic Monkeys’ official Twitter. He himself is not on social media.