|Tomohisa Yamashita Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 9, 1985|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Tomohisa Yamashita is a Japanese singer, actor, and TV host who has released the solo studio albums Supergood, Superbad (January 2011), Ero (July 2012), A N*de (September 2013), You (October 2014), Best Album “YAMA-P” (January 2016), and Unleashed (November 2018). He had started his musical career as part of the idol group NEWS in 2004 and had debuted as a soloist in 2006. He has also acted in numerous films and TV series and has hosted/co-hosted/judged several singing-based competitive reality TV shows.
Tomo, Yamapi, YamaP, Pi, Tomo-chan, Pi-Chan, Pii-Tan, Yama
Funabashi, Chiba, Honshu, Japan
Tokyo, Kantō, Honshu, Japan
Tomohisa, after his high school graduation, had joined the School of Commerce at Meiji University, a private research university in Tokyo. He had graduated from there with a commerce degree (major in marketing) in 2008.
Before this, he had also attended a performing arts course for high school students at Horikoshi Gakuen, a private school in Nakano, Tokyo. He had graduated from there in 2004.
Singer, Actor, TV Host
- Mother – Naomi Yamashita
- Siblings – Rina Yamashita (Younger Sister) (Model)
- WMG (Warner Music Group) Japan (2012–2016)
- SME (Sony Music Entertainment) Japan (2018–2020)
- Johnny’s Entertainment (1996–2020)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tomohisa has dated –
- Maki Gotô (2000) – Rumor
- Yû Abiru (2008-2009)
- Keiko Kitagawa (2009-2011)
- Seira Kagami (2009-2010)
- Oshima Yuko (2013) – Rumor
- Satomi Ishihara (2015-2017) – Rumor
- Niki Niwa (2018) – Rumor
- Aiko (2020)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Japanese descent.
- Toned physique
- Center-parted, neck-length hair
- Affable smile
- Baritone voice
- Prominent nose
- Clean-shaven look
Tomohisa Yamashita Facts
- Tomohisa’s parents had parted ways when he was a child and thereafter, he and his younger sister were raised primarily by his mother. His birth name was Tomohisa Aoki but he had changed his surname to his mother’s (Yamashita) after his father had left the family.
- Tomohisa had an inclination towards sports and athletics from a very young age. He had joined karate classes in kindergarten and had earned a purple belt. He had also learned to swim for 2 years.
- Tomohisa was inspired to take up acting after watching Japanese record producer and former singer and actor Takizawa Hideaki’s dramas. He had sent in applications to several talent management agencies and had been selected by Johnny & Associates which trains and promotes groups of male entertainers known as Johnnys. He had joined them in 1996.
- Since his acting debut in 1998, he has been affectionately known as ‘Yamapi’ which is short for Yamashita and Pink. The nickname was given by his idol Takizawa Hideaki as Tomohisa had once forgotten to wear pink clothing for a performance and was repeatedly scolded by his coach who was yelling ‘Yamashita, Pink!’, ‘Yamashita, Pink!’.
- He holds car, motorcycle, and jet ski licenses, and has also attempted to obtain a boat license.
- The 2018 film, Code Blue The Movie, where he had portrayed the lead character of Aizawa Kousaku, had become the highest-grossing domestic movie in Japan that year.
- In early 2019, he had signed a brokerage contract with Westbrook Entertainment, a company opened by American actor, rapper, and film producer Will Smith.
Featured Image by Tomohisa Yamashita / Instagram