|Toni Duggan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||July 25, 1991|
Toni Duggan is an English professional soccer player and TV personality. She has played for Manchester City between 2014 and 2017, and FC Barcelona Femení between 2017 and 2019. On July 31, 2019, she signed with Atlético Madrid.
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
- Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
- Madrid, Spain
Toni attended Notre Dame Catholic College in Everton, Liverpool, England, United Kingdom. She graduated from Loughborough College in Loughborough, Leicestershire, England, the United Kingdom in 2010.
Professional Soccer Player, TV Personality
- Mother – Joanne Duggan
- Siblings – Ryan Duggan (Brother). She also has an older brother.
- Others – Lucas (Nephew), Joseph (Nephew), Jackie Fisher (Sister-in-Law). She also has a niece.
Toni Duggan is represented by Triple S Sports & Entertainment (Talent Agent) in Lymm, Cheshire, Warrington, England, United States.
- 9 – Manchester City
- 10 – England
- 11 – England
- 16 – Barcelona
- 18 – Atlético Madrid
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Toni Duggan has dated –
- Sergio Aguero (2015) – Rumor
- Tony – She started dating Tony on October 10, 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
- Thin nose
Toni Duggan has endorsed brands such as –
- Lucozade Sport
- Akira Back Dubai
- Nike Football
- OD’s Designer Clothing
She is an ambassador for the Kick It Out anti-discrimination organization and has pledged her support for the Saving Lives charity.
Toni Duggan Favorite Things
- Singers – Lewis Capaldi, Rag’n’Bone Man
- Quotes – “Where there’s a will, there’s a way.” “Be strong, be whoever YOU want to be.. not who the world tells you to be.”
Toni Duggan Facts
- She started playing soccer with boys as a member of the Under-8 team known as Jellytots.
- Only 2 years after she made her professional debut for Everton, Toni was named “FA Women’s Young Player of the Year” in 2009.
- On her 18th birthday, she scored an opening goal at the 33rd minute against Sweden at the 2009 UEFA Women’s Under-19 Championship. England won the finals with a score of 2-0 because her teammate Jordan Nobbs scored the 2nd goal just 4 minutes later.
- Toni got her 1st international hat trick on September 26, 2013, in a match against Turkey.
- She was criticized for doing ‘blackface’ to impersonate Whoopi Goldberg from the movie Sister Act (1992) for a dress party. She apologized for her act in March 2014.
- Toni was the 1st female player in Manchester City to receive “Goal of the Season” after she scored against Chelsea in the Women’s Super League in August 2015.
- She was the 1st member of the England female soccer team to reach a milestone of 100k followers on Twitter in May 2016.
- Toni became the 1st English player to sign for FC Barcelona Femení in 31 years when she did it on July 6, 2017.
- Toni’s lifelong dream was to meet Pep Guardiola and she finally did in February 2019.
- Her mom rented a billboard in her honor at the Liverpool Lime Street railway station in early June 2019, ahead of the Women’s World Cup 2019.
- In June 2019, Augustine Ejangue, a defender for Cameroon’s female national team, seemed to deliberately spit on Toni. The deed went unpunished but was heavily criticized on social media.
- On her 1st supermarket run when she moved to Madrid, Spain, Toni bought cat food instead of cereal.
- One of the most challenging things she faced moving to Madrid was driving because they drive in the right lane, unlike in England. Until she got used to it, Toni never drove at night.
- In her opinion, members of England’s female national team should not be paid more than men but should be better paid.
- Her best friend is a fellow soccer player and soccer school owner, Michelle Hinnigan.
- She cycles as of a form of additional cardio workout.
Featured Image by Toni Duggan / Instagram